New build, what do you think?

Motherboards is where I fall by the way side when it comes to help, as so many different versions are out there, finding the right one for you can be dreadfully hard.

The CPU is nice though, and is a dual core so you'll effectively be able to multi-task quite a bit.

Have you by any chance looked at the Quad Core Q6600 G0 stepping CPU?
This will offer even more in the way of multi-tasking and will also make sure your computer stays up to date for quite a while, and you won't need more performance than this for now :p

Hmm... I'm not sure on american prices, but can you get a larger monitor for around the same price? I can't help after buying a 20 inch widescreen for myself, how small the 17 inch next to this one looks. Its up to you however, and it does support DVI which is good.

The hard drive should be okay, but if you look at the cons on the side, two failed looking at the reviews not long after buying one.
Perpendicular technology though is pretty good, and should allow for faster speeds, since more data is packed into a smaller space.

Everything else looks fine by me.

Have you by any chance looked at the Quad Core Q6600 G0 stepping CPU?
This will offer even more in the way of multi-tasking and will also make sure your computer stays up to date for quite a while, and you won't need more performance than this for now :p

Is the Quad Core G0 Q6600 compatible with the rest of my chosen hardware?

Oh yeah, perfectly compatable:

PU Socket Type: LGA 775
CPU Type: Quad-core / Core 2 Extreme / Core 2 Duo / Pentium
FSB: 1333/1066MHz

Is there any reason why you chose that specific motherboard? Just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom