I need help!!!!

You have nothing really to lose trying it again.

If you can, connect it up with a pack of icecubes (covered of course) where the drive spins, as I've heard this work too.

u have to leave it in for 48 hours 2 be safe
i did it on my failed hard drive
u can do it many times as well just be ready with an external hard drive and move fast
some times u get 5 mins sometimes ive seen 5 hours

Well I put it in the freezer again inside of two zip lock bags. So if I take it out of the freezer tomorrow and hook it right up to my computer, I won't get electrocuted or something from the condensation on the external chip and stuff will I? This morning when I took it out of the freezer I blew the condensation off of it with a compressed air can.

OK well just do it quick, set up your computer on a table next to your freezer. Have an external drive and try and log in, if you can grab all the files and put em on the external. Make sure you freeze it for a while, be paitent.

Freezing the drive can free parts that may be stuck, etc, like the head not working right, as it slightly expands the hard drives inner workings.

Son of a bitch it worked!!!!!!! The drive has been running strong for about an hour now and I was able to get all of my important data off of it and onto my other drive. The bad thing is, after copying all the data I only have 1.5gb free on this hard drive now. I wonder when the Seagate's gonna poop out again?

Back
Top Bottom