Just got Verizon FIOS!!!

You should be able to do it easily since FIOS is literally the same cost to cable Internet, if not cheaper. Plus you can argue the technology is better and faster. People that realize this will immediately jump on the FIOS opportunity should it be available in your area.

I have this service:

Up to 15 Mbps/2 Mbps
1st month FREE
Just $39.99/moth for months 2-7 (after the first free month of service), then, $49.99 after that.

We got free installation and free equipment too including a new wireless router. I was paying nearly $70 for Time Warner and they were horrible.

You can go faster with this:

Up to 30 Mbps/5 Mbps
1st month FREE
$179.95

But look at the price!!! It's super uber fast though.

Yea, but unless you are running a small buisness you don't need 30MB download :p

That is actually very nice pricing. I think we pay 40 a month for ours.

There's also a 20Mbps download and 5Mbps upload for a little bit more, but we want to try out the 15Mbps/2Mbps first. There's also a 50Mbps/5Mbps service too!!!! Wow, that's like getting into the OCxx services.

I don't know but it has to be more than $200 a month. The price for their 30Mbps is: Up to 30 Mbps/5 Mbps $199.95.

Look at how Verizon advertise their FIOS service:

Beyond super fast surfing

Forget about time spent staring at progress bars or watching the clock. You'll be flying around the Internet in no time with the speed of FiOS.

The Perfect Couple

When FiOS meets your computer, you'll have access to blazing fast speeds. Online gaming, video chatting like it's instant messaging, downloading feature films and CD-quality audio... Do it all faster than ever with FiOS.

Cutting Edge (my favorite statement)

FiOS is the latest in fiber-optic technology. It delivers laser-generated pulses of light, riding on hair-thin strands of glass fiber, all the way to your front door.

Fully Loaded

FiOS Internet gives you everything you need. Essential features, exclusive entertainment, option to choose an online service, special member discounts and great extras are all available.

Your lucky.

FTTH (Fiber to the home, what verizon does) has never been done in Canada. We will be using copper for the foreseeable future.

We however do have FTTN (Fiber to the node) which runs fiber to a neighborhood, but the last kilometer is still copper. This maxes out at 30meg? and is hardly available, problematic and not likely to hit that speed.

Back
Top Bottom