Peer Guardian and Valve don't mix

Kage

Golden Master
I almost had to ask you guys for help, but turns out it was a stupid mistake of mine.

Decided to install Half Life 2 again (I may buy Episode 1 and 2 now), and haha, it took ages to load up, and when it did, said I didn't have account information when I tried to say to log into an existing account (new computer you see), and was really getting at me

Anyhow, found out, Peer Guardian was blocking Valve :|

I do have a real question however:

If I downloaded The Orange Box from steam now, If I uninstalled it for example, since it doesn't have the disk, can you simply like with the Xbox service, download it again as it'll remember?

once you buy it from steam or register your disks if you buy a copy that way you can download as many times as you want :D, like if you have to format, then you can just re download Half-Life 2, but i would suggest backing up those games anyways.

I find it quite fun to download 25GB of games everytime I format my computer. I betya my ISP finds it quite fun too.

Haha, you can backup the games you download from Steam?

I'm just wondering now wheather its worth going to pick up the game, or downloading it from Steam.
Might be easier to just buy it on disc, as I have a permanent copy then...
Hmm...

I have a 360, but I think the PC version is the way to go seeing as I have Half life 2 already on it, and can give this away as a gift to someone lucky, haha.

Its cheaper to buy the Orange box than it is to buy Episode 1 and 2 seperatley, and then all the rest you get too.

Dunno if it has been said-

But, as long as you have your steam account and you bought the came thru that account, then you can download it as many times as you want, on your computer and others. Only thing is you gotta be on your account to download it, and your account to use it.

Yeah, that'd be okay, thanks :)

Buy it or download it (legally on Steam. Thought I should mention that :p)

What has everyone else done?

Well I got HL2 in a box at game stop, and downloaded steam powered and installed it.

I let my friend borrow that game, and he used my account and installed on his computer too. I never got my game back, but i always had my account so I reformatted my computer, and then logged into the account, and downloaded it again. Then he also bought a game onto MY account, so I also have that on my computer and can play it, even though I didnt buy it, its still on my computer.

Yeah, that'd be okay, thanks :)

Buy it or download it (legally on Steam. Thought I should mention that :p)

What has everyone else done?

i bought disks for CSS, wasnt too much of a hassle, but you still have to download like 7% of the game usually. since your computer is new though you might have to format soon to work out the kinks, i know i had too :rolleyes: so i guess disks wouldnt be a bad idea if you can find them, there the same price too.

With my older PC, I was only getting around 60fps with Vertical Sync off, and even that dropped a load when explosions happened and the like.

Yea, and I guess I'll get a nice box and disc to boot. Beats a download :)
I'll probably buy it tommorow.

Heck though, just played Half Life 2 on my new PC, and the framerate stays in the 200's, and drops only to the mid 100's. I placed Vertical Sync on to match the monitor as it was too fast for it!
A constant 60fps in that case, with no drops. Excellent :)

Back
Top Bottom