Itunes vs Winamp

adam3112

Baseband Member
Ok, i have both players installed on my com, and i cannot make up my mind on which one i prefer, however i find winamp runs faster than itunes and isn't as bloated but i can somehow set up itunes to play music a lot louder, also the sound quality sounds better and i cannot find any equalizer settings or somehow make winamp's volume come anywhere close to the loudness itunes delivers.

I haven't explored the whole of winamp yet but is there any equalizer settings on winamp where i can alter winamp's sound and volume? If so can i have some step by step how to do it? Also i have tried volume Logic 30 day trial for winamp, turns out to be a pile of cr*p and makes no difference.

Also i would like to know which player you prefer and if there is a player out there that is better than both itunes and winamp? Most people say they use Winamp and think it's better than itunes but why?? Ok itunes makes the com run slower but it delivers great sound quality and better playlist management IMO!

Sorry about the dodgy Fonts! lol

Winamp by far.
It does have equalisation built in, which can be found if you click on Equaliser if you are running the Modern Skin.

It offers a wide range of plugins, that can make it play basically anything you like.

yh winamp, anything is better then itunes, last time i saw itunes uses more memory up then winamp and wmp, and all it was doing was playin music, u can play more in winamp aswell...
dont really like anything made from apple anyway lol

I use both. For just listening to music I use Winamp, used it for years. But I use itunes for my ipod since most of my music I dl off the itunes store. So I use winamp unless I need to hit up the itunes store or load up my ipod.

i use media monkey
great player if you buy it or get it for free*hint*hint*
allows you to throw movies and music on your ipod as well

Winamp is probably the best.

But... as far as getting louder, win amp has its own volume built in.

iTunes uses the system volume (I think). So, you might wanna go to audio devices, and check out what the system volume is set at.

Winamp is one of the most customisable player and by far owns everything. I just can't live without Winamp.

Back
Top Bottom