marijuana laws in canada

i just asked my dad (he's a cop)
its only illegal to posses it and traffic it
trafficking is a much higher charge
but very very small amounts (enough for half a blunt) is only a fine
you can not be charged for being high
if the drug is already in your system as long as your not driving or in dangering any one theres nothing they can do

Certain parts of Canada its legal. I believe Ontario passed the law for personal use in home.

Unsure because I don't live in Canada just remember hearing about it. Certain states in the U.S. allow it for personal use as well. In Alaska your allowed to have up to 1 ounce for personal use in home. Whats funny though is growing and purchase/selling are illegal so how the hell are you supposed to get that 1 ounce lol.

Some states are way more tolerant on it and others are more stict. First offense in Cali is only like a minor fine of like $200 bucks and a warning.

As for the person talking about salvia there referring to one of the types of weed. I'm not looking around to find the name of the other but thereare 2 main types and there either salvia not sure if thats spelled right either. But one type makes you really doppy and in your own little world. The other type is more like a stimulant that gives you a different kind of high. This high makes you energetic and full of energy its just a different type of buzz. If you have ever smoked you should know what i'm talking about.

I used to have several sites for reference on laws etc over weed but i've been clean for a while now. Still a topic I love to talk about just don't do.

As for a gateway drug I don't believe that one bit. If people want to do something there going to do it. Whats to say beer or prescription drugs are not a gateway drug then either. Heres a example of how they try and pass that gateway crap but will use something legal for example. Hey wow i'm 21 now cool legal to get drunk. Go out get hammered then come home. Wow that was alot of fun I wonder if weed is that much fun its supposed to get you a buzz.

Seems kind of dumb hearing it that way wouldn't you agree? Now heres how they say it. Marijuana you smoke it and get high. After a while you get sick of that high so you need to move on to more powerful drugs. Thats dumb maybe if you smoke swag you'll get sick of smoking 4 ounces to catch a buzz. Same applys to any other legal drug. If you do enough of anything your tolerance will go up whats stopping them from going to find something stronger if they want to? Only difference is the goverment makes money this way so they don't care.

The sad fact is though the goverment makes more money keeping it illegal then legalizing it and thats why it will never be legal here. If they could make more selling it then busting people for it then it would be legal. The fact is you can die from alcohol poising and virtually any other drug. Name one person that has over dosed on marijuana. You can't because its impossible.

Just a little joke can't really remember it the full effect but heres some of it.

You have 3 people in a race. First you have a Cokehead, second you have a Drinker and third you have a pothead.

So its the day of the big race. The cokehead is at the finish 10 mins before the race starts. The drunk runs into something at the start and DNF. The pothead is still sitting at home watching the TV. They see the race on TV and were like was that today?

Either way its a stupid thing too do. I dont even drink, and I have hardly any friends that dont drink. I can name like 10 that dont. Some that do, are ones that said they never would last year. Now they do.

I'm pretty sure it's not legal in Newfoundland... considering 2/3 of the news stories revolve around it.

Edit: I managed to leave the word "sure" out of the sentence. :rolleyes:

Either way its a stupid thing too do. I dont even drink, and I have hardly any friends that dont drink. I can name like 10 that dont. Some that do, are ones that said they never would last year. Now they do.
same here. Although I have a large amount of friends that agree with me and do not drink or smoke and what not. Unfortionatly, one of my friends does smoke, and I think that is probably because his family does, so it's pretty normal to him

I'm pretty it's not legal in Newfoundland... considering 2/3 of the news stories revolve around it.

in canada, its not illegal, its decriminalized. meaning that you cant go to jail for possession, only a small fine if you have a lot. and theres actually a few places in toronto just like in amsterdam where ppl can go to blaze

Back
Top Bottom