I need help!!!!

Yes I believe seagate bought them. Your best off RMAing the drive you have for a free replacement. You did say it's under warranty.

Well yeah it is; Seagate has a 5-year warranty on their drives. I hope I didn't have to register it or something to receive that warranty. I don't think you have to.

If you do you can still register, it wont effect anything. RMA the hardrive for a replacement and move on. That's all you can do.

Try the freezer trick, though its not guaranteed to work, its the only real chance you have.

You'll need to protect the drive in some way to stop moisture:

"Place the drive in a static-free bag, then place the drive and static-free bag into a ziplock bag to seal out moisture. Place this into a freezer turned to as low as possible for 24 hours. After 24 hours, pull the drive out and immediately put it into a computer (the faster the better) that boots to a floppy and has another hard drive to transfer data to. If the drive wasn't damaged too much previously, you should be able to pull some data off before the metal of the drive heats up and starts destroying the data storage platters. You can repeat the process only if you shut down almost immediately and go through the 24 hour freeze process again. Chances are that the first time attempt will be the only chance to recover data."

Well I already tried the freezer trick last night, but it was only in for about 10 hours. Should I try it again?

Back
Top Bottom