Computer Forum Official Overclock Database

Welcome to the Computer Forums Overclock Database. This database consits of members of this forum. Please do not think your system will achieve the same clocks as other systems. Each chip is different and all overclock results will be different. Please overclock in steps and watch your temps. Don't fry your processor trying to make this list. Details on how to get in are under the chart.

Users highlighted in blue are 3 hour verified. Users highlighted in gold are 6 hour verified. Users in white with grey data are not verified.

OverclockDatabase.jpg

Please copy paste this info into your reply along with the required screenshot. Just replaces the examples with your specs. (I know its in the screenshots but it will save me time when doing the charts.) I'll try my best to have your results in the graph as soon as I see them here! You can submit unverified results then when you have a chance to stress test i'll update the chart to show verified results.

CPU-Z Validate:

Processor: IE E6600 Core2duo

MHz: IE 3525Mhz

Stepping/Revision: IE 6, B2 (This can be found in CPU-Z)

CPU Vcore:IE 1.525 (Please use Bios Setting not after Vdroop if you want you can include what the Vdrop is.

Cooling type: IE Air, Water, Phase etc

Heat Sink Fan/ Water Block: IE Zalman 9700

Loaded CPU Temp: IE 49C (Optional)

Motherboard Brand & Model: IE Evga 680I

Bios Version: IE P29

Ram Brand: IE G.Skill

Ram Speed: IE PC6400

Ram Mhz:IE 850Mhz (If using ddr2 your speed is double what CPU-Z has so if it says 400Mhz's its actually 800Mhz Via Double Data Rate

Ram Latency: IE 4,4,3,5

Now for the requirments to get on the list.
1. You need to complete the full list above.
2. You need a shot of CPU-Z running with both the CPU Tab and the Memory Tab. Also you can include a Validation Link with your Computer forums Screen Name as your name.
3. You need to have either Prime95 or Orthos running. I'm doing a dual stage validate on this. We will color code submittions as followed. Anything under 3 hours will not be considered stable. If you wish to submit 3-4hours your machine will be considered stable and have a different color on the chart. If you wish you can run Prime95 or Orthos for 6-8 hours and you'll get a different color and your machine will be considered highly stable. I'm only doing this, this way so people don't have to run a long time just to be considered extemely stable. If you want to do a simple verify then get the full 6 hour verify later that's fine I'll update the charts when you do.
4. A full loaded temp complete with the task manager running. Just take this as your finishing your stability test. Leave the test running snap the screen shot then you can stop the tests. Exceptable Temp Readings from either Everest, SpeedFan, Intel Tat, PC Probe or your motherboard temp monitor suite.

As a side note. For dual core systems you'll need 2 instances of Prime95 running or 1 Instance of Orthos. For Quad cores systems you'll need 4 instances of Prime95 or 2 Instances of Orthos. Also For anyone that verifys a 1ghz or higher overclock i'll try and find a way to put a star or something by your name for the 1ghz club!

Here are the links to download the stress testing software. This software is free!
Prime95: Prime95

Orthos: Orthos http://www.overclock.net/attachment...20060420-orthos_exe_20060420.zip?d=1165737486

Everest: Everest

SpeedFan: SpeedFan

Intel Tat (Not for AMD): Intel Tat

Okay so here are my clocks. Please note the Orthos on mine says Date/Time Changed. For some reason every now and then my desktop clock drops 3 hours. I noticed it about 1 hour into the test and changed it to the correct time. In the second screenshot you'll see it says 6 hours but its not 6 hours I only did 3 hours for now. The top part with the duration is accurate the total test is wrong since I advanced the time 3 hours to correct my desktop clock: Start time was 6:17 not 3:17.

CPU-Z Validate: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=253973

Processor: E6600 Core2duo

MHz: 3525Mhz

Stepping/Revision: 6, B2

CPU Vcore:IE 1.525 Bios 1.47 After Vdroop

Cooling type: Air

Heat Sink Fan/ Water Block: Zalman 9700

Loaded CPU Temp: 49C

Motherboard Brand & Model: Evga 680I

Bios Version: P29

Ram Brand: G.Skill

Ram Speed: PC6400

Ram Mhz: 850Mhz

Ram Latency: 4,4,3,5

3hoursorthosstablegj7.jpg

3hourtimechangeja6.png

(If using ddr2 in dual channel your speed is double what CPU-Z has so if it says 400Mhz's its actually 800Mhz Via dual Channel

its because of DDR, or Dual Data Rate, not dual channel, estenitially all dual channel does is let 2 sticks of ram act as one, because of something like simultaneous clock cycles, i think, but i do know its NOT because of dual channel.

Dual data rate means information is processed on up and down 'stroke' if you will of the cycle [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_pumped].

Dual channel is essentailly RAM raid 0, information is divided up between the 2 stick.

I will see how my X2 does on [close to] stock cooling this weekend.

its because of DDR, or Dual Data Rate, not dual channel, estenitially all dual channel does is let 2 sticks of ram act as one, because of something like simultaneous clock cycles, i think, but i do know its NOT because of dual channel.

Ya I was in a rush last night before bed to post this up. I've edited it in. Is your system up and running yet?

Dual data rate means information is processed on up and down 'stroke' if you will of the cycle [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_pumped].

Dual channel is essentailly RAM raid 0, information is divided up between the 2 stick.

I will see how my X2 does on [close to] stock cooling this weekend.

Sounds good can't wait to get you in the database.

yes it is but i reset the bios and my windows installation is effed up and i cant find my windows disk, so my OC was reset, and ever since i got my 2 new sticks of ram i havent been able to get my cpu back up to 2.7, other than that my PSU is working

yes it is but i reset the bios and my windows installation is effed up and i cant find my windows disk, so my OC was reset, and ever since i got my 2 new sticks of ram i havent been able to get my cpu back up to 2.7, other than that my PSU is working

Well thats good to here you got it running. Even if you can't get your last max put your current max up. I can always update later when you get better ram. I hope some people are working on this I figured there would be a submission or 2 by now.

I've updated the Intel Database. It will look alot better when I get some more people to add to the chart. Even if its not verified you should put up your spec's and i'll update the charts.

Does it look alright. I may tweak it once everyone starts submitting results.

Edit In: I've decided to put the charts at the very top in hopes of getting people to start putting in there info. The second and third post are for expansion since I'm limited on pic's per post.

Back
Top Bottom