Tempatures

My guess is that it's the chipset temperature. Put your computer CPU under full load and see what happens to the temperature. Also set up Speedfan to show in Celsius in the options, it's much easier to relate to.

Okay these temps are playing a game at full extent.

GPU Memory: 69C
GPU Ambient: 58C
Core DUO: 46C and 42C
A temp that says just motherboard: 52C (on Speedfan it says its temp2, and on Everest it says it's the motherboard)

The computer seems to run very stable, absolutely no crashing or anthing. Speedfan says that temp2 is too hot, but do not know what it is still. I thought it was the nvidia chip on the mobo so I put a heat sink on the chip but temp2 did not change. I just want to know if it's a dangerous temp, or should I be fine? Also if you know what it is?

Thank you for everyone that's been helping me out. I'm sorry for being annoying, I'm a newbie on building computers. This is my 1st one ever.

Is your room by any chance hot?

GPU ambient if I'm right should specify your main case temp, so at 58 degrees, it seems like your GPU's heat isn't escaping as well as it could do, causing everything else to heat up around it.

my room is about 75-77F. I've just realized something, that temp2/mobo temp is steady at 52C, once it hits that temp, it does not go up or down at all.

Yeah, heat mustn't be getting out somewhere, somehow.
Even if your motherboard is passively cooled, idle, it shouldn't really get to that.

I guess it could be the Arctic Cooling fan though, since most coolers also cool the area around the CPU that deliver voltage, and I bet you, this is whats getting hot.
Its not really much to worry about though at the moment.

I think I'll try drilling a hole in the case for 1 more fan. That might help it, I hope. That motherboard temp is so close to normal. I let it cool down and watched the temp rise to 52C. At 49C it showed that it was a good temp but at 50C+ it shows it being too hot. I hope 1 more fan can cool it a few degrees. I just want this computer to last me at least a couple years, then I'll build my real dream computer with AC.

I wouldn't worry too much, as speed fan etc has a limit you can set yourself.
For example, you could set a high limit of 55 degrees C, and it'd still show green at the current temp.

Kage I would like to say thank you for your help. I put some exaust pci fans around the gpu, and changed the direction of 3 fans. I now have all my temps below 50C except my video card, it runs about 55C on idle and max I've ever seen it get was close to 75C. I'm very satisfied with all my temperatures at this point, and I believe I will not get much better than that. Again I thank you. Been working on this monster for a long time, and now my 2st project is complete, so now I will enjoy my computer.

Back
Top Bottom