Still cant decide on a car, check this one

superman22x

Golden Master
Hey, seems like people here now a decent amount about cars, and can probably help me, so what do you think of this one?

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/car/443330250.html

I am worried the tires might cause horrible gas milage, and the tires also might be a bit big ofr the engine, so it will have a hard time on freeways... But I dont really know very well.

it should drive fine, putting big tires on like that really screws up the gearing, and of course the engine has to work harder to turn the tire over. Overall your gonna get crap gas mileage i'd say. a lot of miles too....

Yeah, definitly going to get crap gas mileage. But it's cheap, and kinda cool looking. As far as trucks go, I think it's pretty good. What kind of driving are you going to be doing? If it's mostly highway driving, I don't think this will be the best option.

well he doesnt mention regearing the differentials, so your gas milage is going to be worse the stock, but shouldnt be THAT bad, unless your like me and have a lead foot.

i drive a [slightly] lifted wrangler, on 31" Interco Super Swamper LTBs. i get a solid 13mpg on the highway @ 60mph, and somwhere along 7-10mpg city [lots of traffic] but my tires weigh 110lbs a piece, so thats ALOT of rational mass, which helps ruin my gas mileage, along with said lead foot. And i have a 4.0L I6 as opposed to the 2.9V6 thats in that vehicle.

also if you regear the differentials you will get back to stock gas mileage.

on the other hand, if you can get access to land that you can go off roading on, then its total worth it, off roading is some of the most fun i've ever had. on par with track days and autox's.

how many miles do you drive a month? if you dont drive a whole lot then the milage wouldnt be an issue. i drive on average of 3K a month, and ya my TJ sucks down fuel, but god is it awesome to drive with no doors/windows/roof.

well he doesnt mention regearing the differentials, so your gas milage is going to be worse the stock, but shouldnt be THAT bad, unless your like me and have a lead foot.

i drive a [slightly] lifted wrangler, on 31" Interco Super Swamper LTBs. i get a solid 13mpg on the highway @ 60mph, and somwhere along 7-10mpg city [lots of traffic] but my tires weigh 110lbs a piece, so thats ALOT of rational mass, which helps ruin my gas mileage, along with said lead foot. And i have a 4.0L I6 as opposed to the 2.9V6 thats in that vehicle.

also if you regear the differentials you will get back to stock gas mileage.

on the other hand, if you can get access to land that you can go off roading on, then its total worth it, off roading is some of the most fun i've ever had. on par with track days and autox's.

how many miles do you drive a month? if you dont drive a whole lot then the milage wouldnt be an issue. i drive on average of 3K a month, and ya my TJ sucks down fuel, but god is it awesome to drive with no doors/windows/roof.

what year is your jeep? My friend drives one and seems to get fairly good mileage. His is newer though, like 04-06 or something.

2003 Wrangler X, I6 Auto. w/ 3.73 gears in the diff.

the autos take a bigger hit in gasmilage, seeing as the gears are tallet [due to having 4 instead of 6] and the trans shifts later, instead of shifting into overdrive @ 45mph, it shifts @ ~ 51mph. well 51mph real speed, according to my GPS, the speedo still registers 45, due to my tires being 4" taller then the stock 27"s

on stock wheels i got 22mpg average, the tires killed me...

Those are super swampers tho, they are huge!! I will be driving to school everyday and thats it, I'm 16. I live out of town tho, so it will be a 10 minute drive, going speed limit, lol. I have a heavy foot too... What am I going to do about the speedo? How can I find out how fast I am going? Cuase wont it be off?

How old are you?
Isn't that irrelevent to what he is asking? Age should not make a difference in the vehicle itself.

With what you mentioned about not driving all over the place, I think if you like it then why not go for it. The ad says that the vehicle drives well and sevral of the parts that wear over times more so than others have been replaced so I would suspect it to be fairly reliable. And as mentioned above, if you have a place to go off roading then it's definatly worth considering. I have been deprived of being able to experence it myself, but I have herd it is very fun.

Well, I like it, I want to get it, but my dad wont go for it. He wont go to pick it up today, tomorrow I cant, saturday the other guy cant, sunday my dad cant. He told me to look for a $2000 truck, and now that I found one, he isnt cooperating. Like he doesnt want to get it.

Back
Top Bottom