Hard Drive

Shantei

In Runtime
Right I would like to get this hard drive to reformat my computer on to:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-095-WD&groupid=701&catid=14&subcat=167

My MB is:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2006/07/26/msi_k9n_sli_platinum/1

and was wondering whether (i'm pretty sure it's ok) it's all compatible, and the cables I'd need would come with the HD right?

Can anybody see any issues with any of this?

I should be able to use it as master and stick on the OS straight away right?

Thanks v. much in advance.

Edit: Oh and does anyone recommend anything that I do with it?

the hdd doesnt come with anything, all you need is the sata cable which should of come with ur motherboard, it should run fine, you will need to format the hdd before you upload any OS, being 10000RPM it will load things up quite fast

the hdd doesnt come with anything, all you need is the sata cable which should of come with ur motherboard, it should run fine, you will need to format the hdd before you upload any OS, being 10000RPM it will load things up quite fast

Hmm, somebody told me it might be 'plug and play' and that it won't need formatting...

well if your puttin xp on then it will want to reformat anyway, not sure about vista...
and it depends if its fat32 or ntfs, thats why i would format it...

What OS are you trying to install?

Is the OS you are trying to install 64bit or 32bit? (even if your computer is 64 bit, it can still use 32bit programs)

If you are trying to install XP (I don't know about Vista either), Windows will automatically format it when installing Windows.
I'd choose to format using NTFS (Quick)

if its xp, load the cd up from as soon as u put the pc on, then it will come up with xp setup, and you will come along to an option where you would like 2 install it to, and it will ask you if you would like to format it.

thanx :p cant wait to start there...

found some pics on my laptop:

hope it helps

DSC02756.jpg

DSC02757.jpg

Back
Top Bottom