question about fans

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
when installing fans, do i want to install the fan to blow into the case? or do i install it to blow the fans out of the case?
thanks in advance

with most computers its a good idea to have two fans bringing air into the case and then one at the back to act as an exhaust fan (blowing air out) but u must ALWAYS have an exhaust fan!

Yeah, that sounds about right :p

If you have too many fans as intakes or too many fans as exausts though, you are bringing the risk of upsetting the airflow, resulting in dust flying in like a don't know what, which is why its always good to fit fan filters that you can clean or change every month or so.

Or have one of these ;)

aircompressor.jpg

A couple of things
Yeah, that sounds about right :p

If you have too many fans as intakes or too many fans as exausts though, you are bringing the risk of upsetting the airflow, resulting in dust flying in like a don't know what, which is why its always good to fit fan filters that you can clean or change every month or so.
Definitely agree with the intake part, exhaust isn't quite so mission critical. Fan filters, you'dbe surprised how many people don't use them. For a quick cheap ghetto fan filter use plastic fly screen mesh, you'd be surprised how well it works.

Or have one of these ;)

.......... snipped out pic .........
That reminds me of Tim the Toolman Taylor from the TV show, "more power"
The things to remember when using compressors with pc's are a water trap and do not spin up the fans with the air stream, spinning the fans at rpm higher than design spec will cause bearing failure

i once saw a disaster.
guy had a pc in his shed, surrounded by garden tools, a chainsaw and piles of wood.

it was without a case, covered in wood dust and he said "i don't understand, i open the doors to let fresh air in, but its keeps dying on me"...

simple filters are a great addition, as mentioned. i have to clean mine out every month or so as i live in a filthy city, but the inside is always clean.

Never damaged anything for me, and I've done it several times. It's not like I hold it close to the motherboard and blow capacitors off. The only time I get close is in between the heatsink fins.

Back
Top Bottom