Brothers PC build finished: wiring, haha

Did you guys even look at the pics? or did you forget to add the [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] tags. :confused:

With all due respect to Kage as he has repeatedly stated he has not addressed it yet, the wiring is a disgusting mess.

If that looks good to you guys god alone knows what your cases look like.

I meant the second pic. Obviously not the first one. It is better than mine *was*. As soon as I saw this thread and posted my reply I decided to rewire mine since I hadn't done it yet. It's also why I said "IMO"... I know it isn't perfect, but mine was much worse than either of those pics, it looks a lot better now that I got it rewired, probably to the best of my ability.

I'll post pics of mine in a bit, no before pics though. Not as good of a job as your wiring is, but the best I have ever done in any of my systems.

EDIT:
As you can see, not perfect, but not to bad to me. The case has no window, so I don't really care what it looks like.
my.php

The fins on that Zalman are sharp, just put 3 pretty good slices on my thumb today when rewiring the 6-pin power connector.

Thats a really nice job on the wiring Jesusfrk611 :)
It helps when the PSU is top mounted, because you can hide most of the wires above the thing, but with a bottom mounted one, this becomes increasingly hard to do.

Luckily the Antec 900 has some hide away spots for wires you don't need :p

I spent...litterally since like 10 tonight until 1.30 round abouts, re-wiring my brothers build, making sure it looks as spotlesss as I can possibly ever make it. I have a lot of patience :p

This is what it looks like now all powered up for you with the case open to show wiring:

rewired2.jpg

So, with a couple of hours more on mine, I'm pretty sure I could make it looking about the same :)

As for temps, both are with the case closed:

Mine overclocked to 3.2 - 35 degrees C in BIOS left for 10 minutes (was around 33 degrees C at stock)
My brothers at stock - 25-26 degrees C in BIOS left for 10 minutes.

All fans are on low, and the difference is still around 7-8 degrees C.
Not bad for a heatsink that costs the same price as each other.

@ Jesusfrk611

If you've got no side window then cooling not aesthetics is your main priority and it looks like your airflow isn't impeded at all from that pic. my only suggestion would be that unless you have problems with the hdd's overheating try mounting them in the top floppy bay and the top hdd bay, that will allow better airflow to your graphics card.

I find these cases with only one 120mm exhaust fan are not very efficient at cooling, definitely going to look for one with multiple 120mm exhausts next time.

EDIT:

...... So okay, not as big as a difference now, when looking at that, but all fans are on low, and the difference is still around 6 degrees C. Not bad for a heatsink that costs the same price as each other.
still a major difference imo, you'd expect the zalman to be closer than that, I would anyway, I wonder what a 120 Ultra Extreme would be like, mmmmmmmm.

damn, the Mrs is going to kill me. lol

:D

Image has been posted above of the finished article :)

As for the temperature, I set it back to stock to test, because I had to reset anyway to get the phone to be recognised, and it was 33 degrees C. So, its a big difference again. Around 8 degrees C :D

I took the leads I didn't need and stuffed them under the first hard drive caddy so they are hidden, and instead of using SATA power connectors, I simply used 1 set of Molex connectors, with the SATA converters, to save on wiring, and use the other side to put up the fans.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't do anymore on it, but I wish I didn't have that one going up the side due to the motherboard connector. Ah well, job well done I say

@ Jesusfrk611

If you've got no side window then cooling not aesthetics is your main priority and it looks like your airflow isn't impeded at all from that pic. my only suggestion would be that unless you have problems with the hdd's overheating try mounting them in the top floppy bay and the top hdd bay, that will allow better airflow to your graphics card.

Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't sure where to put the HDDs really, and I had heard that it cools them better on the bottom, so I thought I might as well put them on the bottom. I'll move them up next time I can, too lazy right now.

Here's a different angle...
my.php

Thats really clean, case closed or open. At least you know the wires won't interfere with airflow.

All I've done on my brothers build is added an IDE DVD drive. That hasn't made it anymore messy really.

I will try and get a SATA one at some point.

Wiring is the Antec 900's biggest problem. If you have a dremel you can cut holes in the case to route wires throughout the case. The biggest thing is the hard drives, I reversed mine and ran the holes through the backside of the case and it looks so much better.

CASEMOD.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

900-1.jpg

Wow, thats nice!

I'm happy with how my brothers build turned out though, without any extra holes or fans :p

Back
Top Bottom