CF, do you approve of this build?

The q6600 is a nice investment. I haven't regretted it.

That motherboard should overclock rather well.
I settled for an Asus Striker Extreme for my brothers build, to find that it has problems overclocking to a certain extent, and some people can, some people can't.
I heard better reviews later, about the Evga 680i

Well if I use the A1 board and the C2Q Q6600 then that brings the price up to $596($546 after mail in rebate and shipping) With the C2D system I am looking at 434 (probably about $441 after shipping) I know that the C2Q processor's don't cost too much more but I'm not even sure it is worth it yet, especically since Intel will release the new Quad core systems sometime next year. hmm.... I could still get the C2Q processor with the motherboard I have in the origional post and not the A1. Sure, I wont be able to OC it, but it still fully supports the Quad core. I might be able to do that.

No, settle for the A1 in that case, and wait for the new quads.
It'll be more worth it

No, it's got the 2 outer PCI-e 16x slots for SLI if wanted, the middle one is just an extra 16x slot. Say you get 3 video cards to use for 6 monitors or something...if you were rich...

I guess that mobo and ram are fairly popular. After configuring my build (before buying) I saw quite a few builds that had them... No regrets from getting that board. The fact that it doesn't OC quad core doesn't matter to me as I have a C2D...I probably won't OC anyway.

I would like to continue to debate and continue analyzing this.
My thing is I am looking to spend under $500. The quad core system on the A1 board is over that. Plus I was looking at reaching 4GB RAM and vista at about christmas time.Maybe a whole other build of similar level of performance under $500?

I know this is a double post, and if it bothers people enough then I will edit it into my old post, but I am bringing the thread back to the new posts lists, so that is why I am doing it.

My friend has agreed to buy my current system for $260. That is comming with the motherboard, processor, ram, and a 6800GS. The specs to those are in my sig below. So once he buys that from me I will probably have enough to buy both the A1 and the Q6600 :D

Yeah, than go for the quad core system. That'll be real nice. I might upgrade soon myself. First graphics, than some more Ram, than idk.
But the quad will be nice, and in 1-2 years, if the new quad cores are super great, get one of those.

Do you really need 2 upgrade? :p U gots a C2D and 2gigs o ram. The only upgrade i could see really being worth it is 2 get another 2 gigs and vista, if u don't already have vista

Back
Top Bottom