What do you think of this build?

Shooter116

Baseband Member
Ok, so here is the build I plan on going through with. Tell me what you think!

jb0094.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

why do you need a soundcard? most people dont really need it as onboard audio is usually quite good these days, especially since a lot of onboard audio is 6-channel and 8-channel with digital outputs possible.

nice case
nice ram
good CPU, i think i might get old real fast tho

Video card.... i'd recommend an 8600 rather than an 8500 - an XFX or EVGA preferably

btw, u know theyre bringin an F-35 JSF to Andrews AFB in March? im defeinitely goin this time. i missed last years air show, but loved the one on the year before.

oh ok, well If sound cards arent necessary then maybe ill take that off and get a better cpu that wont add any extra

The case I like but I also don't really like the PSU. Unknown brand of something?
See if you can spare a lil more money and go for a 500 watt PSU. That price for a 600 watt one is a bit unbelievable.
I don't expect you to get a 800 watt Xion Supernova(I got the 600 watt one and like it but the 800 watt one is even better with up to 85% efficiency) But get a better know one it just has to be like this one its cheap its got a alsome rebate and its reliable
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171018
Don't for get to look at the combos that can come with items. :) Nicer case with this one.

Is 500 watts enough to handle all the internals? One of the reviews said that the motherboard I have chosen requires like 585 watts? Or maybe he was just wrong

To be honest, with the system you are building 500 watts should be plenty :)

I'm running off a 550 watt, and I'm running a quad core, 8800 card, etc

Some PSU's do not produce the power they state though, which is why its always good going for a well known brand and to do research before hand.

A non branded PSU for example might say it produces 600 watts, and maybe it does unloaded, but if you then start loading it, that 600 watts can easily drop to 300 and less, using the rest to increase heat levels. Not something you want.

So getting one with a good efficency rating (you know you'll get most of the power when it counts, and not as heat or haha, light output) is a good move.

Back
Top Bottom