Well this is annoying False Readings!

I'd like to know if theres a issue with Everest for real. Does anyone else ever have this problem? Its done it to me in both Vista first time tonight. And a while back in XP when I used it for stress testing.

So I figured I'd get a head start on my database and get my stress test done. Well I was about 10 minutes in and my CPU shot to 107C. As i'm typing this its reading 96C at idle lol. Obviously everest is jacked up. Both my cores are reading like 54-56 and the boards 33C so I know its a false reading.

But this concerns me. What if the other readings are off? Like I said i've done alot of tests and its done this twice now.

Can someone recommend a reliable temp monitor in windows? I'm downloading speedfan right now. I wanna keep my computer running and see what temps its getting. Anyways heres a pic of what I saw TFF.

WTF.jpg

Edit in: Well somethings up because speed fans giving the same reading....

SpeedFanreading.jpg

I'm thinking the sensor isn't compatible with much of anything. If this makes you feel better, your computer wouldn't be alive for more than a few minutes at those temps, and it appears to be still working.. :)

Go into your bios and check temps there.

EDIT--yeah. i think the sensor might not be compatible.. i dont have any program that would back me up on that.. you could try PC Wizard (can't seem to find a link)

I dunno its just weird. It always worked good till the last 2 stess tests I did one in XP and one in Vista.

After I got everything uploaded I went into the bios and got a reading of 42C in the bios.

After I rebooted i'm back to reading 38C for the CPU in Everest. Somethings buggy.

your sensor is just buggy, no biggie though, you know what your temps are, and they shouldnt change much, and there not reading wrong in the bios, otherwise you computer would shutdown or throttle down.

The cores are lower in temp, but does that mean the main CPU has to be?... I'd guess so. Usually the main temp is a few degrees lower, or even 10 degrees C off the core temp...

Weird...

Have you tried looking in the BIOS for the reading of the main CPU? Check if it still reads high?

The cores are lower in temp, but does that mean the main CPU has to be?... I'd guess so. Usually the main temp is a few degrees lower, or even 10 degrees C off the core temp...

Weird...

Have you tried looking in the BIOS for the reading of the main CPU? Check if it still reads high?

The Cpu is reading 42C in the bios. Whats even funnier after I rebooted I launched both everest and speedtemp. Everest was back to normal and so was speedtemp sort of. The cpu and cores were reading like 35C but the system read -65C.

LOL i'm not using Liquid Nitrogen or anything. I just don't understand what the prob is. Everything used to work great. Is it possible a sensor went bad somewhere?

I'll try XP tommorow night with everest and speedfan and see what they do.

I know for a fact its wrong though cause it would have baked the cpu to death.

Hmm... its possible you may have to update your motherboard Windows drivers, but I can't see how it'd cause that much difference.

Your system ones now gone funny?!

Yeah, definietly check for updates, and even a BIOS update (do not update within Windows, whatever you do)

Well I wouldn't say its gone funny. Everything runs great just this weird temp reading. Ehh I could upgrade to P30 or the new P31 but theres no point. P30 is for the new 1333fsb duals and P31 is for 1333Fsb quads. No need to upgrade the bios.

I dunno i'll try speedfan out in XP tommorow and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom