So who can help me out in Water Cooling?

Don't even bother water cooling your system if you don't get a chipset block. As of right now, your motherboard is probably the biggest bottleneck in your OC, if it's not, then it's close.

If you don't, you'll get maybe a few hundred more MHz if you're lucky. You'd be better off buying a nice chipset HSF.

me? no im 15 but ive been working on computers since i was 7
learning find out how they work
love every min of it

Don't even bother water cooling your system if you don't get a chipset block. As of right now, your motherboard is probably the biggest bottleneck in your OC, if it's not, then it's close.

If you don't, you'll get maybe a few hundred more MHz if you're lucky. You'd be better off buying a nice chipset HSF.

if you do get a chipset block and the vga block, then your going to need a better pump, and probably a bigger radiator, but i dont see a point in WCing your card, my card only gets up to 65c under load at default and G80's can go above 100c safely.

as for assembly, probably not that hard, it just takes time, and dont cut your hoses too short, leave an extra 6in. on there, and if it creates too much of a bend then just cut a little off, you can cut but you cant add. Also make sure you setup your system outside your case and make sure the pump\radiator\blocks are in working order and there isnt any leaks, then set it up in your case and test it in there a little, make sure re assembling it didnt screw anything up, then brace and turn on your pump, then start your pc, or if you use a 12v pump MAKE SURE its plugged in. just take your time and you should be fine, if you have problems, just call a plumber :p

I am just looking to build the WC system. I can reuse it for my future builds too.

So, when I get the parts can someone walk me through it?

Hmm like to help you but i'm Virgin to watercooling. Have thought about it myself. If you do decide to build it put up a guide i'm curious how everything works. I have a pretty good idea but a dummy guide would be sweet.

As freestyler said check out some chipset coolers. I was researching them myself a while back. I found the Thermalright's HR series to be the best reviewed around the forums. Although they may take some modding on the southbridge with a 8800 card cause the southbridge chip is right beside the card.

There working on a new series though not really sure if they have them in production yet or not. Check out there website for more info.

http://www.thermalright.com/product_default.htm

Back
Top Bottom