xps600 upgrading help!

bbrian017

Baseband Member
I'm currently running the Dell xps600 and I really need some advice on how to upgrade the computer. I find myself having issues already when it comes to playing new games so I'm here looking for some upgrade advice.

Here's the deal when it comes to my current specs, I'm running Vista Ultimate I have a 3.2gig processor with HT technology. I have 1 gig of ram that came with the pc a nvidia 6800 vid card, 2mb cache, 800 FSB. I would really like to upgrade my video card and ram. I read in a few other forums that I would be better off saving my money to create or make my own pc from scratch, is this true. And if this is true what should I do just not play these games or should I be looking at purchasing the xbos360.

Thanks in advance and let me know if you need anymore information.

Seriously looking for a pc guru to help me here as you can tell I'm a NOOB seeing I purchased a dell to start off with lol

Thanks again bbrian017

Depends, is your motherboard a socket LGA 775 or socket 478? If it's 775, then you're in decent shape. You can upgrade to a Core 2 Duo eventually, and you're using DDR2 RAM.

Add another gig of RAM. RAM is really cheap these days, assuming you have DDR2 1 gig of DDR2-667 for your machine would only be like $30-40.

Your video card right now isn't all that bad. What games are you going to be playing? And how much are you looking to spend?

Well honestly I don't really want to spend too much money on this machine because it's 2 years old. I wouldn't mind spending 2000.00 USD if I could see a significant improvement.

How would I go about finding what motherboard I have currently on this xps600? If I'm correct this was the deciding question to weather I should upgrade or not?

lol if you spent $2,000 USD you can build a brand new computer and see a HUGE MIND BLASTING performance increase.

Yeah, for 2 grand you could build a MUCH faster computer. Quad core processor, 8800GTX graphics, 4 GB RAM, the whole deal.

See I was afraid of this happening. I wish technology would plateau already. I guess I'll wait and just build new next year.

Thanks for the help :(

That's a good idea. Wait for the 9xxx series of nVidia graphics cards to come out.

And really, if you're sick of spending all this money on your PC, just get a 360. I've always been a PC gamer, but the price is just getting to be too much to stay on top of. The 360 games are just as good as any PC games really.

I agree I seen the 360 and I was so impressed when I saw spiderman 3 and john woo stranglehold. I can't believe the graphics this game console has produced. The main reason I like the pc is for multi players games such as world of warcraft or company of heroes opposing fronts. I really dedicated to any online playing games :) I just love them

Back
Top Bottom