wow...isnt it sad

Well, I'm sure its possible to stop www. posting too. No ones going to copy and paste a link though that seems suspicious, which they'd have to do for that to work.

Yeah, especially since you made a thead about it :p

I think having this would stop most SPAM though:

Make it so for a limited period of posts, the user can't have links or pictures.

Then, when we are sure they are ligitamet, we accept the links and pictures
That's a good idea. I've saw it implemented with a simple vBulletin modification on some other forums.

I totaly agree on that certain amount of posts before posting images or website links.

+1

I know it'd be a lot of work, but some other forums moderate the first 5-10 posts by a person, you could do that, but it would be a pain in the @$$

Or we could just have a verification thingy upon registering. Typically spammers are bots and not people.

This has all been looked at before a couple of times, & those Britney ones are no doubt all from the same organisation, the usernames are all different & don't mean a thing, mods cannot find links between them, not to worry though, mods are always around to deal with all they can throw at us, we are the C.F.A.S.D.S., work it out, you can do it, er, no expletives! :)

how about have a captcha? as long as its in color, it doesn't have to be super wavy ( like yellow text on a purple bacground coun't be broken by a computer easily)

Back
Top Bottom