1 TB External Hard Drive

If you compress your movies using DivX, they'll be about 700 MB each. It would take almost 1,500 movies to fill up a terabyte buddy.

Yea, so what's the problem? :p
Sorry but I'm not compressing my DVD's with something like Divx............

You ever play these back on a big widescreen after they were compressed? They may be okay on a small computer screen but not on a high resolution large widescreen flat panel.
No way hosay..........:eek:

Does it matter if there are two 500 gig hard drives in there, instead of one 1tb hard drive? i've been looking around too, i've got two WD externals, and one of them is dying. I might go with a Fantom... found some really good deals on newegg.

Not really. It just depends if you want something ultra heavy and super thick. I prefer the sleeker version since it's more portable. Again, it just comes down to preference. Not much performance difference in my opinion.

Also I 1TB is a pretty good size storage so it will work nicely for my multimedia collection. I have gigs and gigs of data and when combined, I have more than 500GB worth of files already (a lot of them separated out on DVDs and external hard drives). So the 1TB is very feasible.

Does it matter if there are two 500 gig hard drives in there, instead of one 1tb hard drive? i've been looking around too, i've got two WD externals, and one of them is dying. I might go with a Fantom... found some really good deals on newegg.

They are used mainly for RAID mirroring...........otherwise there would be no benefit IMHO.
More power, more heat, larger size, and usually more expensive.

For normal storage and backup the single drive would be the way to go.

Yea, so what's the problem? :p
Sorry but I'm not compressing my DVD's with something like Divx............

You ever play these back on a big widescreen after they were compressed? They may be okay on a small computer screen but not on a high resolution large widescreen flat panel.
No way hosay..........:eek:
Yeah actually, I have. I stream DivX and XviD to my 720p TV all the time through my Xbox 360, and it looks just fine. I guess if you want perfect HD resolutions, then DivX isn't the way to go, but it's really pretty decent besides that.

Back
Top Bottom