wow...isnt it sad

BrynF_UK

Fully Optimized
that someone takes the time to create an account on CF, and probably an email account, and go through all the procedures just to post one topic about "**** naked" or whatever just to be banned.

Seriously, don't these people have any better way to spend their time? I mean, they must know they will be banned after they post it and yet they still do. Its just sad.

Edit: How about a language filter or something that can stop someone posting if it has the works "**** naked" or "naked **** pics here!!"?

^ yeah i saw that...thats what made me write this lol

but isnt it possible to have a language filter of some sorts??

Yeah, especially since you made a thead about it :p

I think having this would stop most SPAM though:

Make it so for a limited period of posts, the user can't have links or pictures.

Then, when we are sure they are ligitamet, we accept the links and pictures

^ :rolleyes: i wish i had thought of that lol

but, by making this thread, i am allowing others to voice their disgust at spam and spammers alike so it has a reason :p

I agree we do need a spam filter and this topic has crept up in threads a few times while Ive been a member, I cant quite remember what the outcome was though? I think we might need to here from David or a mod on this one.

I think blocking links and images will really help.
The post count until its available would have to be decided, but I'm pretty sure, at the right amount, people that write SPAM won't be tempted to even try it.

An option for if they try like 2 or 3 times to post links or images after being told they can't, they'd be flagged to us mods, would be a nice option also, so even if they try to be nice for as long as it allows, the fact its flagged, allows us to know that they are most likely to cause problems, and to watch for them.

i agree - how easy would it be (or hard) to have a "prohibition" period before they can post links and images?

Of course - then you have the problem of them just typing in the link i.e. "www.namehere.com" instead of "(URL=: www.namehere,com) Name here (/URL)"

Obviously the same wouldn't apply to images.

Back
Top Bottom