XP setup help

r_moore04

Daemon Poster
iv got vista on me laptop but i want to change back to xp, BUT everytime i try and install xp i get an error, the laptop is from pc world lol, it did have xp media center on but coz pc world wanna be stupid they dont give you the xp media center cd, they want £35 for it,even tho iv got the cd-key on my laptop, but iv got a copy of xp pro, with a cd-key that works but i cant get past this bit, theres nothing wrong with the cd coz i can set it up on another pc, and theres nothing wrong with the cd drive coz i can install vista again..

IMG_2446.jpg

network install!!!

Other then using another disc/type of install media i cant think of anything off the top of my head.

You mean... PC World... the magazine? Since when could you get computers from them?

Anyway, about the problem - I have no clue. If nothing else works, could you borrow a XP cd from a friend?

You get that error when you try installing? Might be something left over from vista that is still hanging around on your hard drive. What kind of hard drive do you have? I know theres a program depending on the HD, but it does a scan and also removes everything.

before it gets 2 that bit it formats hdd, so everything should of gone anyway...

99% likely it's a bad disc. XP Setup is particularly picky about the condition of the disc, I go through a XP PRO disc every 2 months at least.

lol, yh iv only ever brought something from there once and i wont be going there again, i would only get a laptop from dell, at least they give you the xp cd lol

Back
Top Bottom