I installed new dvd drive on my computer, but cant Burn cd's??

oneshot1

Baseband Member
i installed a new DVD drive on my computer, hooked up the power cord and IDE cord. I put a dvd in and cd and it will read it and load it on my computer, but it says

Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is not installed on your computer.

and also when i try burning songs to cd's, it says no DVD burner detected. i got the dvd drive from my old HP pavilion PC, and hooked it up in my new one i made myself. Help?

Are you sure its a DVD burner and not just a DVD player? If its just a DVD player its not going to burn anything.

As for the DVD decoder error for playback your probally missing the proper codec's.

well, on my old computer i was able to burn cd's with it, so im assuming its a dvd player

You have a Combo drive. You can read/burn CDs and read DVDs. It cannot burn DVDs.

As for the decoder problem, it's a common one. It requires a codec. Do a Google search for K-Lite Codec pack.

You have a Combo drive. You can read/burn CDs and read DVDs. It cannot burn DVDs.

As for the decoder problem, it's a common one. It requires a codec. Do a Google search for K-Lite Codec pack.

Thanks, what i meant to say is that i cant burn CD's with songs, is there a program i should get to do that because for my WMP, it says no recorder detected

WMP might not support the specific drive you got. I'd give a Trial of Nero a try.

WMP might not support the specific drive you got. I'd give a Trial of Nero a try.

If thats the problem he could create a new folder and put the music he wants to burn in there and write it using the windows generic copy. Problem is I don't think you can do mp3's that way. So you would only get like 17 songs on a cd depending on quality.

Or download nero lol. Check out the new Nero 8 Ultra works great.

Back
Top Bottom