1 TB External Hard Drive

1TB in one single drive...........I made certain of this before I orginally purchased.

I heard the My Book 1TB Drive was two 500GB drives in RAID, and that if one goes wrong you could take it out yourself and replace it?!

Thats more space then you''ll ever need.

That's what I used to think, but then if you think about it, you could store several back ups, of your computers on to it plus with the music, pictures, films etc, I think the space would soon go down.

I heard the My Book 1TB Drive was two 500GB drives in RAID, and that if one goes wrong you could take it out yourself and replace it?!

Depends on the model, there are a lot of WD versions available..........
The "My Book Premium Edition II" is a dual RAID setup(up to 2TB available). It's much wider and looks like left unit shown below. The 1TB unit lists for $399.

Mine is the "My Book Essential Edition 2.0" (shown on right below)and is a single 1TB drive with USB 2.0 interface.........it's much thinner and more sleek looking.

They also sell a similar unit to mine with a triple interface:
USB 2.0, FireWire 400, eSATA 3 Gb/s.......nice but alot more $$

wdfMyBook_Premium_2C.jpg
mbes2.jpg

Yeah, but think for a sec...who has 1TB of backup for a home?
You guys that think 1TB is to much storage space must not have much of a video and music collection! That coupled with a good backup strategy will gobble this drive up in no time.

Nice, I could do with one, you could just plug it into a server and network it, that'd be cool.

Depends on the model, there are a lot of WD versions available..........
The "My Book Premium Edition II" is a dual RAID setup(up to 2TB available). It's much wider and looks like left unit shown below. The 1TB unit lists for $399.

Yeah I think it was the My Book Premium Edition II I was thinking of. I think I'm going to get one of those and connect it via ethernet on my network, so then I don't have to leave my PC on everytime I want to share files with my laptop.

Thats more space then you''ll ever need.

Not for a large DVD collection!
and an iPod that will have a collection of 7500 songs!
Plus im going to play (all of my ripped DVDs)
from the 1TB HD through my 8800GTX and onto my LCD HD TV :D
all of my favorite movies on my big TV!!!!
it cant get any better than that

Not for a large DVD collection!
and an iPod that will have a collection of 7500 songs!
Plus im going to play (all of my ripped DVDs)
from the 1TB HD through my 8800GTX and onto my LCD HD TV :D
all of my favorite movies on my big TV!!!!
it cant get any better than that
If you compress your movies using DivX, they'll be about 700 MB each. It would take almost 1,500 movies to fill up a terabyte buddy.

Back
Top Bottom