My Budget Build

Marshillboy

In Runtime
This is my BUDGET build so far, tell me what you think, comments, critisism, etc.

pcbuildvd7.png

Thanks in advance,
~Marshillboy~

Looks alright, what are you using it for?

Mostly average home use, along with a little bit of a/v editing, and gaming. Granted, I'm not hoping to burn up the latest and greatest, but how would this perform on games like Far Cry or STALKER?

P.S. If I had the extra budget I would have gone with C2D, but I don't have that kind of extra money, and this build seemed good for the price. If you look in my sig you can see what I'm upgrading from, and see why I'm upgrading ;).

Mostly average home use, along with a little bit of a/v editing, and gaming. Granted, I'm not hoping to burn up the latest and greatest, but how would this perform on games like Far Cry or STALKER?

P.S. If I had the extra budget I would have gone with C2D, but I don't have that kind of extra money, and this build seemed good for the price. If you look in my sig you can see what I'm upgrading from, and see why I'm upgrading ;).

i have a similar build in mind

iqitd0.jpg

any suggestions? im looking for a good build suited to light-moderate gaming, and heavy audio/video playing/burning/editing

its incredible how much u can get for such little money these days - this PC above easily blows mine outta the water, and it costs far less than mine did when it was new

i might make it an HTPC tho, although that'll require me to get a card that'll run games well at 1920x1080, and a 1080i compatible tuner

again, any suggestions?

It should be just fine for that. If you think you'll be doing a decent amount of gaming, I'd go for the 8600GTS. It has a little more power, and you'll be happier with it in the long run if you game.

i got an almost idental system
i got the X2 5600+ and trust me u will love it
i got a Arctic cooler Pro 64 fpr it which i would recomend
i got Cocinar memory 2gb
a 600 watt PSU (i don't see urs but i recommend a 600Watt for easy upgrading)
a asus M2N32 Deluxe Wireless edition
and a different hard drive but its the same stuff

thats a solid build for the price just wondering wheres the power supply?

i got an almost idental system
i got the X2 5600+ and trust me u will love it
i got a Arctic cooler Pro 64 fpr it which i would recomend
i got Cocinar memory 2gb
a 600 watt PSU (i don't see urs but i recommend a 600Watt for easy upgrading)
a asus M2N32 Deluxe Wireless edition
and a different hard drive but its the same stuff

thats a solid build for the price just wondering wheres the power supply?

The PSU is integrated in the case, 400W. Will that run a 8600GT? Oh and btw is a 8600GTS worth it over a 8600GT?

yes the 8600GTS is worth the extra price, and if you get a rosewill case, DONT use the psu, i have a rosewill psu, and im already on my 3rd one, 1st died in 2 hours, 2nd died when i flipped the switch, 3rd is still working but i only got it yesterday.

glpark:
DONT hijack threads, if you want advice for your build then start your own thread.

Yeah, well...remember that those aren't cheap ;)

As for Rosewill, I'd bet an OKIA PSU can outdo Rosewill, hands down. I'd get some of Silverstone, Ultra, Enermax or anything that doesn't do with Rosewill and Antec.

Back
Top Bottom