Lets start a overclock database!

Okay since we are always getting new people asking about overclocking I thought we could start a spreedsheet of are stable overclocks etc. Perhaps we could make it a sticky in the processor section or something. I'd make a disclaimer to be carefull as far as just inputting someone elses values because they may not work on your system. So here's what I think we would want to include.
I'll break them down into groups for each type of processors. So it will be a bit faster to search for your type of CPU. With the wide range of components everyone has it should be interesting to get it all on a graph.

CPU AMD or Intel
Model: IE E6600
Stepping: Use CPUz to get revision
Motherboard: Model/Revision/bios version
What type of HSF or Watercooling used if stock use stock/Water block or HSF used
Cpu Voltage
Memory: speed/timings/voltage/manufacture
CPU Speed/FSB
OS

Optional we could expand with graphics cards to to provide core/memory/bench results for helping people get a idea of possible card overclocks. We could use the new GPUz that A true folder just found!

As for overall clocks we need to prove its stable. Either a screenshot of orthos or prime95 running. For dual cores 1 instance of orthos or 2 prime95's and for quads 2 instances of orthos or 4 prime95s. I'll set up a poll on what everyone agrees for the stress test time frame. Make sure you select a blend test.

As far as time I'd say 1-2hour's. I know lots of sites require much more than that to be considered stable. But lets face it whats the big difference after its been running a hour or two. We could take a vote on what we think it should be for stability testing. Unverified results will be a different color. After you post a verified post with orthos running will change it to verified colors.

If anyone else thinks of some other things we should put on the graph let me know. You can go ahead and start posting up your info after we get a decided stress test timeframe.

i consider ~2hours in prime to be stable. once it passes the prime test i do some extended gaming with a new title, something that stresses the CPU fully. since that is the hardest thing 80% of overclocked machines will do.

and if we do a GPU section id be down to help out. unfortunatly i cant OC my proc, being a laptop and all.

i consider ~2hours in prime to be stable. once it passes the prime test i do some extended gaming with a new title, something that stresses the CPU fully. since that is the hardest thing 80% of overclocked machines will do.

and if we do a GPU section id be down to help out. unfortunatly i cant OC my proc, being a laptop and all.

Ya I normally run it for 2-3hours after I've settled on a clock. Hoping the vote doesn't go to high cause who really wants to sit there all day and watch orthos run.

Thanks for the offer I may need it if it takes off!

i usually run prime for 16 hours, i just start it right before i got to bed, and let it run until i get home from school :p

i use my computers too much to let them sit for 16 hours running orthos/prime

Meh i usualy either leave a stress test running when i go to school or college , like 8 hours , or whilst i sleep
If i where doing it to a time though i would say 3 hours would be neough , i mean i wouldnt even spend 3 hours gaming in one session
The longest i ever left a stress test running was about 48 hours when i went away for a weekend

Meh mine is set in the bios to shut down if the core reaches 65 or 70 i think so yeah if it manages to get that high mines outta there

Back
Top Bottom