8900gtx??

its censored out, and if they are on the net its nothing new.

and its entirely way to expensive to stay bleeding edge, and time consuming cuz you would be re-building ever ~ 3 months

still, the site can get shutdown with enough swearing if david doesnt limit the members to an age of 13.

anyways a single 8800GTS 640MB will be able to run crysis maxed with a good cpu.

the reason there coming out for tri and quad sli is so things have upgradablity, rather than having to buy a whole new card, why not just buy another one, or thats what nvidia wants you to think, sli is overated, crossfire is worth the extra cash, sli is just a waste, with crossfire you dont have to have built in game support, the drivers and hardware works things out to share the load very evenly make a very good benifit, as with sli its done with software which slows the entire process down, sometimes adding another card can mean just another 10FPS if its SLI

its censored out, and if they are on the net its nothing new.

and its entirely way to expensive to stay bleeding edge, and time consuming cuz you would be re-building ever ~ 3 months

I censored it out bud. Sorry bout editing your post, I personally don't mind, but rules are rules.

9000 series won't be out until next year so we have quite a ways to go. But Nvidia has other plans besides that and i'm sure some of you have seen it. I posted picts before if any of you still remember..............

Triple-SLI and Quad-SLI to compete with ATI 3-way CrossFire multi-GPU:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20070928160719.html

3-way-sli.jpg

For Quad-SLI, it says that Vista currently has no support for it until possibly the next major Windows release.

In the pic there's only 1 bridge?? :confused:

its a tri bridge, it connects all 3 together, compare it to another normal sli bridge, you will see that it is much bigger.

One problem I see of running 3 cards at once (possibly one for physics calculations) is the fact of how close they are!

One card alone can get to 70 degrees C or more. I don't see it doing any good if the fans blocked by another card, and its blowing on the back of the other...

How do they sort that out?!

yeah thats another problem and where are you going to get the power, youll need a 1200watt psu to do that, but look at the bright side, at least youll get the one crazy guy who will buy another 2 and put 4 8800Ultra's in sli and post a youtube vid :D

although those cores can take upwards of 100c, mine only goes 60c load if i remember right, but those other 2 cards would be starving for air if they actually gaming, they would probably overheat, guess you would have to liquid cool 2 of them or use a seperate system for a pair of those, then your cpu and the other one :p

I think they'll have to rethink how the PCI-E slots are placed when it comes to 3 or more cards.

there is only so much room on the motherboard though....and in a case, although an extra slot between both of them would probably be enough,there just isnt enough room on a ATX motherboard. i doubt very many people will tri sli anyways, IMO sli sucks and crossfire owns, but most dont see it that way.

Back
Top Bottom