how are 2x/4x cores rateds?

any games that r supporting more then one core will be multi core witch means optimized for many cores dual tri quad ect
just optimizing for dual core would be harder then just programing it
to use as many cores that r there for better preformance

if you looked around a bit you would see that you have to code for dual or quad cores, you can just be like, use all cores, you have to tell the program how to run on those cores.

but w/e i really dont care what you think.

uhh dude its a simple concept to my understanding
and idc if u think im right or wrong
but any way its pretty simple
your have it code it to divide it works based on how many cores
for instance if the program has recognized only 2 cores
it divides the tasks it needs to sertian cores instead of split all the info over 2 cores in half it divides that
thats what basically optimizing for more then one core is
the more cores the more the tasks are divides instead of split in half
basically pretend there r 4 pieces of string
with out optimization there cut in half and split between the cores
but with optimization there divided with out being cut
oh and btw your a newbie you should be a little less rude especially to someone whos been here for a while

i dont care how long youve been here. just because you have more post then me your automatically right? i dont think so.

and you obviously dont understand whats behind multi threading and other programing theoretics.

you dont even need 4gb of ram right now, you dont want to get 2gb sticks right now, there latency is too high, not for a while will 2gb sticks be really cost effective, but with the raw speed of ram going up and latency dropping 2gb sticks will slowly gaing there value

ok i have an easy method to explain dual core/quad core

here it is

When you are moving from a house to another house, you have to move a whole bunch of items from one house to the other one. If you only have 1 moving van, it will take say...4 hours to get the job done, moving back and forth at say...50 miles an hour. just for the heck of it, say that 50 miles an hour is 3ghz. thats a single core processor.

now, if you have 2 moving vans, you can get double the work done in the same time because you can move more things (process data) at the same time. even if you have two of the moving vans going at 30 miles an hour, they will still get more work done in the same time. that means you can have slower speeds (clock speeds) and still have the the same ammount (or more) or stuff getting moved.

now add a new engine to the 2 moving vans (new architecture, in CPU terms) and more space in each van (more cache), it will be much faster :p

clear enough?

here it is

When you are moving from a house to another house, you have to move a whole bunch of items from one house to the other one. If you only have 1 moving van, it will take say...4 hours to get the job done, moving back and forth at say...50 miles an hour. just for the heck of it, say that 50 miles an hour is 3ghz. thats a single core processor.

now, if you have 2 moving vans, you can get double the work done in the same time because you can move more things (process data) at the same time. even if you have two of the moving vans going at 30 miles an hour, they will still get more work done in the same time. that means you can have slower speeds (clock speeds) and still have the the same ammount (or more) or stuff getting moved.

now add a new engine to the 2 moving vans (new architecture, in CPU terms) and more space in each van (more cache), it will be much faster :p

clear enough?

YAY!!!!

Precisely.

Man some people on this board really surprise me with both their lack of knowledge and unrestrainable impulse to hit the submit reply button.

There is very little in the way of software yet that has been written to take full advantage of dual core cpu's without even thinking about the quads. I think Folding and other number crunching programmes may be the only programmes right now that are optimised for quad core, it's been a while since I looked so things may have been released lately I guess.

indeed

here it is

clear enough?

Very good way of explaining it. You should add to that if the road is single lane it only allows 1 van on it at a time, thats like a program written for single cores. So having a extra Van doesn't make a difference there because only 1 vans allowed on that road at a time.

Back
Top Bottom