Got My x1550 FInally

muz

Golden Master
Well i built my desktop like the other month i cant fully remember when and i decided for a while i was gonna use the Integrated GPU on my motherboard prolly till crysis came out and then i would get something beter like an 8800gts but a few things happened like i thought well i am not gonna be able to drop £200 on a new gpu before like at least december and then its gonna be X mas so i am not gonna be albe to either , ANd also i dunno if the rest of my rig would be up to crysis like my CPU and MEM ALso at the moment i couldnt game at all , not even simple stuff like the sims 2 would run without lag so i decided something was in order but not anything too expensive so i was haivng a look at what my local pc shops offered and i decided upon a £30 budged (60USD) and i looked and i Decided i was going to end up with something like an X1550 and i was corect i got An ATI Radeon X1550 512MB for just a lil less than £30 with 450MHZ core and a 266Mhz ddr memory speed

Its an OK card for the money , obviously it isnt gonna be able to run crysis although system requirements lab says it meets the minimum specs i aint holding out on that one too much . But for £30 i never expected 512mb and 450Clock with 266mem at all i was expecting something like a 250mhz clock but then i havent been payong attention to GPU's for a while now
And its running fine , I can run swat 4 on full and sims 2 , My one question now is does anyone know any kinda games i could run now , My rig is
Amd Athlon X2 4000+ 2Gigs DDR2 800Mhz ram Ati Radeon X1550 512Mb

ALso i dont mind if i cant quite run it on full just as long as i could run it on any setting at all with decent FPS

FarCry, UT2004, the Half-Life 2/Source games, Riddick, Quake 4, Physconauts, Devil May Cry 3, Resident Evil 4..

Can't think of much else right now.
All of those should run pretty decently.

wow there is hope for me
meh i aint too fussed anyway if i can or if i cant , just if i cant there is less chance of me getting a new GPU cos tbh i am cheap as the title says

get CSS, its very fun if you have a decent connection, wish i had a better one :(, maybe i can convince my parents to get the 1.5mbps package, yeah right, we just bought a 20,000$ car :p.

COH: Opposing Forces is out and you DONT need the original to play it

Back
Top Bottom