Man, I love Norton!!!!

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Most of you know I'm using Avast and Windows Firewall for basic protection. That's for my desktop PC. Since I'm using my laptop (preloaded with Norton Internet Security 2008 on it), I may as well use it since it was free too from Dell.

I tested it out and to my amazement, Norton knows its stuff. I got an email (which I knew had to be a fraud). Its from a Bank institution which I do normal banking transaction with. Lets call it Wells Fargo. Hotmail did a terrible job at filtering it. The email looks legit since the actual sender email address didn't have any unknown text in it. Since it was my bank, it gave a message that "due to inactivity, your account will be suspended unless you can provide us some information". Clearly, it's fake already. Second, I was just in my account yesterday looking up my balances online. So duh there...how could there be inactivity?

I decided to play with the link to see where the website takes me. Ha, what a joke. The URL was way off. It was like [www.happyface.4m..............................~wellsfargo1.com[/urli] or somthing similar to that. Norton popped up a red flag right away and the whole browser flashed red, etc. etc. etc. Needless to say, I submitted the fraudualent website and everything is just peachy.

So with that said, I still have to recommened Norton products as being the MOST complete and secure protection suite ever made. I don't think there's any "free" software that can do that with fraudlent websites.

It does, but by having a good PC system, I don't think it will pose too much of a slowdown. Having multicore CPU helps and beefing up the RAM too. So far, this laptop is fast. 2GB should be the new "minimum" for RAM requirements these days (especially if you're running Vista) as well as using dual core or better yet, quad core.

Yeah well my system handles it fine but idk i like the resources to a minimum and I don't feel like paying for it.

Oh yeah, tell me about it. The subscriptions alone are expensive!!! It's almost $50 I believe to renew it!!! I mean, why would anyone pay that much to renew their older version when they could just go out to buy a new one for just a little bit more? It's funny. I have this free subscription until next September 2008, but after that, I'm dumping this for a new version.

I'm happy with NOD32 but norton has gotten better in the newer versions about resource usage and detection. Still, I like the low resource usage of norton and after I had a bad experience it will take an awful lot to get me to go back to norton. It's all a matter of personal preference though, some people like one program and others like another.

NOD32 does the same thing. Hell, when I was on some shady sites (no, not pron...) it wouldn't even give me access at all, I had to disable IMON (the internet monitor)

That's pretty good. Avast flipped out once telling me I had a trojan, but it got rid of it on the spot. I think Avast is a little bit slower on the uptake though.

Back
Top Bottom