Critique my build...

It just seems like more card for the money. I've been reading good things about it. Downgrading everything (RAM, PSU, CPU) and adding the 8800GTX was still $200+ passed my budget. My current and previous GPUs are ATis. I wanted to make the switch to Nvidia, just to try something new. But I've been reading the 8800gts isn't all its cracked up to be. And I really don't want to spend that much more. Plus, I hear the 2900 Pro 512 is just and under clocked 2900 XT. Which makes it even more worth the money.

get 2g of ram
the nvidia 8800640mb
and intel core 2 qaud
screw amd and ati
with the merger they have been so slow with production and design

Who ever has been telling you that the 8800GTS isn't all what it's cracked up to be, lied. I love mine. It takes everything I throw at it and doesn't even sweat.

the gts 640 is the best gpu out on the market right now
cheep price compared to other versions
640mb of ram
great support
awesome when with a core 2 quad
so get the core 2 quad and 8800 640mb

Now I wouldn't say the GTS 640 MB version is the best one on the market (the GTX beats it, along with the Ultra), but it is the best bang for your buck.

I don't have a GTS myself, let alone have an 8 series nvidia GPU chipset. But specwise, it's mid-range video card that's not too cheap and not too expensive. Kind of right there in the middle. I remember there were a couple members on here from before that complained about their 8800GTS video card. I could've swore they made threads on it. But that was awhile back though. But specwise, they look good huh?

I Don't remember anyone complaining here. And since when is the 8800 Mid-range?

I consider it midrange. GTX is top of the line to go with the Ultra line. GT is the basic model, and then GTS is in the middle. Just because you have a GTS, don't think mighty high of it.

Well, it might be mid-range for the 8800 series, but as a GPU it is still on the top. If you look at benchmarks, it is up there with the GTX.

Yes ^^^^. I'm not saying the GTS is a crappy card, because it's not. It's just not up there to be considered high performance in terms of measuring with the GTX and Ultra line.

Back
Top Bottom