how to check if your videocard is working correct?

Can you go into device manager and tell me if you have any yellow exclamation marks showing please.

You can open Device Manager by double-clicking on the System icon in Control Panel, choosing the Hardware tab, and clicking Device Manager

You are running Vista, yes ?????

allright, it seems that i don't have any exclamation points.Is thats a positive?

yes, they would show errors, ok, so next question, what settings are you running CoD2 under? resolution, AA etc, can you start the game in safe mode (iirc CoD2 had a safe mode yes?)

You may have set some settings too high and that is giving the error.

What exactly was the DirectX error message?

allright here a the specs that i run on

resolution = 1400 x 1050

60Hz

biliniar

anti allising - off (when it was turned on the game had a grey screen, now when its turned off i can see everything)

sinc everyframe - yes

sli optimize - yes

soften smoke -everything

tiny corpses amount and the rest is everything on high

and i'm sorry i can't remeber exactly what the message said

and yes, it's only with the cod2, stalker runs good, with out problems at a moment

It appears that the AA setting may be the culprit, I'd reset the game to defaults and change one at a time, run the game to ensure no errors and repeat until you find the best settings for your 8600M GT, although the laptops are advertised as a "gaming laptop" and are capable in that area don't be under the impression that it will run all games at max settings.

Hopefully the problem won't return, if you need to update drivers in the future, use the Asus site (when they finally get it fixed as it has been down cough* synchronising* cough for a few days now)

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom