I Broke my new graphics card

jesussmurf

Baseband Member
can it be fixed ?

i broke one of those silver round cyndrical things on my 140 $ graphics card, can i soldier it back on ?

Do you have a picture of it? Of wheres its broken?
What Graphics card is it?
You might still be under warranty

you might be able to solder it back on, but if the card is still under warranty, just send it back and have them do it.. :)

those things are called Lytic Capacitors, I think.

Do you have a picture of it? Of wheres its broken?
What Graphics card is it?
You might still be under warranty

Will i still be under warranty if i brroke it myself trying to put it in ? i just recieived it in the mail yesterday

its a GeForce 8600 GT

are those round cylinder things resisters ?
should i use liquid metal from a tube or soldier it ?

It requires resoldering. If it would have been an old card, I would have fixed it for you (You pay shipping), but if it's a new card, you'll need to return it, ALONG with the capacitor.

wow when you say round cylindrical things you mean capacitors IMO , i doubt it would be resistors cos stuff like that usualy uses surface mounted resistors and they are near impossible to just snap off so easily

If its still under warranty return it and get it repaired cos if you try repairing it yourself it could end in tears , even more than now

You're talking about voltage regulators. A resistor is way smaller. It is determined by color rings around them. Very small, but I can fix it, but it's harder and not always, will it work.

Back
Top Bottom