Game Selling Policies?

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
Well I was in Gander today and for the thrill of it I decided to see what would happen if I attempted to get my hands on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories. First I went to ebGames, and sure enough; I brought the game to the desk and the clerk said "Grand Theft Auto..." then she went to find it and turned around randomly and said "Sweetie... how old are you?" At that point I was busted. Anyway, she asked me if my parents would mind if I played it and that I'd have to go get one of my parents to authorize the purchase, so I told her that was okay and I respected the policy (it was just an experiment :p ) and walked out.

I went to Wal-Mart across the road immediately after and tried there. Walked in, asked the guy to get something out of the locked showcase; he walked over, I pointed to GTA:VCS and he got it for me. I brought it back to the cashier (him) and he scanned it and on the screen it read "IS CUSTOMER 17? Y/N". Apparently I'm 17 considering how he pressed Y fairly quickly. I paid for it and walked out.

Since I already have Vice City (not Stories) for PS2, I didn't really need or want Vice City Stories but I figured I'd test the policies of the two stores for my curiosity and see if I could make the purchase.

Jack Thompson wouldn't like Gander Wal-Mart. (He must own ebGames) Ah well... I got Vice City Stories, which I had no previous intention of purchasing other than to satisfy my curiosity, for $18 and have another game to add to my PSP collection.

I consider myself mature enough to play Grand Theft Auto games anyway; I have loads of them and my parents have even watched me play them before; sure... they were probably thinking "Kids call THIS entertainment?!?" throughout the entire process, but they didn't seem to mind that much.

Yay for Wal-Mart. Oh well, it was cheaper there than ebGames anyway. ^_^

I hate the ESRB, and I hate gamestop even more. Now, they even have commercials for "a better gaming environment". I wouldn't get my game rated, but then again most people have to. The reason is that they won't sell it in stores if you don't. Heh, I'm above the ESRB.

I hate walmart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how much of thier goods are actually made anywhere in the western solicity, or the USA? instead spooning of low paid wages in the far east just so you lot can have a little extra cents in your pockets when you can already afford so much more.

I hate walmart as well. They sell cheap stuff but some of it is crap. Everytime I go to one the self checkouts never work (the one by my house has blue screens on them!) and you have to wait in line for 20 minutes because some cashier can't do their job! It's since Sam Walton passed away that it went down because the second generation wants money as opposed to customer satisfaction. Whether they say it or not is one thing, but actions speak louder than words.

Doesn't surprise me that walmart did this though, I don't think they really care as long as they get their money from the sale. I do think the ESRB is really stupid and a bunch of crap. If people want M rated games, there are ways to get them and underage people trying to get them probably know how to get them.

I hate walmart as well. They sell cheap stuff but some of it is crap. Everytime I go to one the self checkouts never work (the one by my house has blue screens on them!) and you have to wait in line for 20 minutes because some cashier can't do their job! It's since Sam Walton passed away that it went down because the second generation wants money as opposed to customer satisfaction. Whether they say it or not is one thing, but actions speak louder than words.

Doesn't surprise me that walmart did this though, I don't think they really care as long as they get their money from the sale. I do think the ESRB is really stupid and a bunch of crap. If people want M rated games, there are ways to get them and underage people trying to get them probably know how to get them.
Yeah, I've noticed it takes forever to checkout in Wal-Mart. My family bought some other stuff at we got at the checkout at about 3pm and were putting stuff into the car at around 3:35pm. Seriously. The cashier would scan one item, open up her bottle of coke and drink some of it, scan an item, answer the phone, talk to the other cashier, drink coke, scan item, repeat. Same thing for all checkouts - and we don't even have self-checkout.

Some people just dont care, he can get in big trouble if they ever find out he let that happen.

Back
Top Bottom