I Need PSU Suggestions

lee42lee

Baseband Member
My psu just went out on my system and I need some suggestions on a new one. My system specs are, Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI board with the AMD FX-55 processor and 2 6800 Ultra graphic cards with 2gigs ram. I would really like to find a psu that has the removable cables and also maybe one that has a chrome or colored case as my system case is clear where the psu goes. I really like the look of the Ultra X-Connect but I don't think it would power my system. Thanks for any help.

iv heard that they r always breaking down, just coz it looks gd doesnt mean that it will work as gd

I really like the Ultra X Connect but wasn't sure if it would be enough to power my system. If you guys think it will then that is the one i will get.

You only need a 450 watt power supply minimum for the 8800GTX standard. Obviously you want a little over the minimum, and yours is also OCed. So 650 watts would be more than enough, especially a great PSU like an Ultra.

Since when did 650 equal 500? :p
They got a very good modular design, but the overall quality's not the best.
Don't get any of those. Get this:
http://www.ultraproducts.com/product_details.php?cPath=37&pPath=157&productID=157

Much higher quality than any of the above, and is also modular.
Yep, I agree ther.

I really like the Ultra X Connect but wasn't sure if it would be enough to power my system. If you guys think it will then that is the one i will get.
500W is more than enough.

Back
Top Bottom