new build, no post

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
I just got all my stuff for my new build today. Specs here: http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=61219

I build it all and power it on, powers on w/ no post. I try both sticks of ram in all slots, no post any time. I take out the graphics cards and replace them with a PCI video card, no post. I try several different monitors with it, same results. I don't have much new stuff just lying around to test it with to see what's working and not. This is my first time building a socket 775 system so this is pretty new to me compared with my P4 socket 478 system. I'm hoping I did something wrong installation wise and that all the hardware actually works, it would be a pain to take it all apart again and RMA something.

Got any other suggestions on what might be wrong, or what might be broke if it comes to that?

When it powers on, are there any beep codes? Does the LED on the mobo display anything?

Okay, first thought is bad mobo..most computerse make a beep when they start up... sometimes they make no beeps due to bad ram. Also..make sure video card is in right slot? i did that once hehe... uhh, make sure electric wires are plugged in in right slots (Power wire to power pin...you know)

No dude it powers up. I don't think it is a bad mobo. The 680i has weird beep codes. It is all bout the LED.

The LED thing that looks as if it would display numbers only shows the 2 middle dashes lit. No beeps at all. I tried both my video cards in the top slot PCI-e 16x, one I am sure works as I have used it before I got the build.

Uh, try re-seating your CPU. If the CPU is seated correctly, the LED should display a number and a letter or two numbers.

With a 775 socket, you shouldn't be able to fit the CPU cooler if the CPU isn't seated right, since they have those lever fittings that hold it down tight :(

Thats really sad though. I hate it when things like this happen.

Its worth a try though. Anything is.

Have you put the power connector into the ATX 12V connector on the motherboard? Heres hoping you haven't.

Actually, I was thinking the same thing, that my CPU might be seated wrong, when I looked at my heatsink at an angle it looks angled, not seated flat. I just wanted to see if you guys think it's worth it to pull off the heatsink since it was a pain in the butt to put on while not in the case, now that it's in the case... Though at the same time, maybe not being seated right contributed to why it was so hard to get on...and in all my stupidness I managed to get it on :p

I've connected all the power connectors I can to the mobo, the 24 pin, 6 pin and molex connectors. even tried it w/o the 6 pin and molex connectors.

Off to reseat the CPU, hoping it will work now.

I am almost sure it will. The LED will display if it is seated correctly.

Reset the CPU several times, still no post and no numbers... I'll keep trying, but maybe I'm missing something here...?

EDIT: DUH *bangs head* forgot the reconnect the 6 pin power connector. It works!!!!!!!! Or at least beeps and shows numbers. I didn't get too far b/c the HSF was just kinda sitting on top of the CPU.

Thanks for the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom