overclocking

Overclocking is raising the standard clock speed (ex: 1.83ghz) to a higher speed. So overclocking is like raising an e6300 from 1.83-2.50ghz. That help?

Basically its making hardware run faster than it was destined to originally do by the manufacturer.

As most hardware these days to lower cost, are built from the same type of chips, and just lowered down in speed (i.e most video cards), overclocking them unlocks the potential, you are paying 100's more for with higher clocked hardware.

So, doing so, you are saving A LOT of money. There are risks involved of course, but if you are careful, and have some idea what you are doing, the results can be spectacular.

thanks. but ive got a laptop can i do it on that. and is there a post on this forum that tells me how to overclock my laptop and what are the risks?

most laptops you cant overclock- in fact i doubt there are any since they don't have the same support in the BIOS and in the components - plus overclocking almost always increases the temperature of the system - and in a laptop that runs at high temperatures with the stock values - it could cause a thermal shut down after a few minutes. Bottom line, not practical if at all possible. Believe me- ive already looked into it :(

overclocking is used to raise system performance with risk. sometimes, dwn clocking can lead to btr performance because it may reduc bottle neck.

You usually just underclock notebooks to save battery power. If you must overclock, do yourself a favor, sell the notebook and buy a desktop with that money, then you can overclock... My HP can easily run up to 50C on moderate load.

Back
Top Bottom