LCD monitor with plant material

Fisher

Fully Optimized
OK i remember reading about htis a while back that they are working on new monitorss that use plant material to produce a pciture. i cant remember the extact ins and outs of what it was about non can i remember where i read about it. so i was wondering if any of you lot have heard about it? i do remember that they said this stuff wont be around until like 2018

Here is a story from the BBC about Sony's new Ultra-Slim Monitors that use organic LED's :) hope this is what you mean.

yes thank you!! but i didnt realise they would be out in december!

OK i remember reading about htis a while back that they are working on new monitorss that use plant material to produce a pciture. i cant remember the extact ins and outs of what it was about non can i remember where i read about it. so i was wondering if any of you lot have heard about it? i do remember that they said this stuff wont be around until like 2018

My cell phone has an organic LED display already :D

Samsung A640

"Dual displays - Internal 65K UFB, 1.82 inch display with external Organic LED display"

Ahhhh, the infamous OLED!!! I still remember it crystal clear since the first day someone posted this on here. I believe it was Alvino that was the first ever thread starter that explained OLED, then I made another similar thread to this technology too. It's great. Lower power consumption, tons thinner than traditional LCDs, lighter, more flexible (yes, you can bend it too!!!), OLEDs do not require backlighting like LCDs, OLEDs are easier to produce and can be made to larger sizes, OLEDs have large fields of view, about 170 degrees. Because LCDs work by blocking light, they have an inherent viewing obstacle from certain angles. OLEDs produce their own light, so they have a much wider viewing range. Good stuff.

But....a bit expensive right now. Don't worry, price will go down like LCDs. They always do.

Yeah OLEDs tend to be quite expensive. I heard that a 15 inch was 1500. They have the size of a laptop type screen. One of the thinest screens. Compare it to CRT and even LCD.

yes thank you!! but i didnt realise they would be out in december!

"The new TV goes on sale in Japan on 1 December. There are no plans for a global launch as yet. "

I'm guessing it will take at least a year or two before they become available all over the world.

Back
Top Bottom