Can a drive short circuit?

Rogued

Baseband Member
Hey... Got a new maxtor drive... So installed it'.. And every time i plugged in the sata power... It didn't want to start up... So after about... 3 tries it did... And theres goes have of my computer... Lucky not... No took al my fans with it'.. But luckely stoped before it got to my other components.. Anyways tested everything... And the only conclusion is that its the drive... The short circuit started there'.. They say it can happen.. But like one in a billion... Its a maxtor daimond 80 gb... Luckely the wil replace it next week...

Got a new maxtor drive and installed it'.. And every time i would plug the sata power in.. It doesn't want to start up.. So after 3 tries... My cables exploded.. Almosl taking my whole pc.. Luckely it stop at my fans... Tested everything... And the only logical conclusion is that it started at the harddrive.... They say a harddrive.... Circuits can be faulty like 1 in a billion...

Sorry, merged the 2 threads because they hold different information.

Your saying your drive blew your computer up?! Not heard that happening, no.
Its possible I guess though, but I'd put it to a faulty power supply

Hey.. No luckely didn't blow up my power supply... But we did check everything... My power supply... Everything... It could only have been the drive...

Back
Top Bottom