Reducing the Ram Vista needs

Fisher

Fully Optimized
Hello does anyone know how to or a guide pf how to reduce the Ram that Vista needs. I have 2Gb but i still would like to free up some more for gaming. plus if anyone else has less then they know how to do it :)

If it freeses, that can be trouble. You can also recompile your Vira intallation using Vlite. That does remove anything you don't want/need.

Well when you want to game you can just disable aero and all the other fancy graphics. That should give you back some ram and improve your FPS in game. About the only other things you can do is disable startup programs that you don't want or need running.

I'd recommend getting two 512meg sticks though. Running newer games I use about 2.3-2.5gigs at times.

yes but i thought i wouldnt be able to get more Ram because of my cpu running in T2 or something like that meaning it would be slower

Well your most likely running 2T timings anyways. If you bought two 512meg sticks you would run dual channel. But if you bought a 3rd 1 gig stick you'd lose the dual channel because its no longer in matching slots.

1T and 2T are a bit confusing. Basically 1T is better but you won't clock as high and your timings may be slightly lower. 2T your timings will be higher and the ram will clock higher. You are most likely running 2T timings unless you have it setup with 1T through the bios.

I don't even think I can run 1T because my bios doesn't support 1T with 4 memory modules. I'd check and see if there's any issues like that with your board. But like I said your better off with 2T timings and a higher clock. Just make sure you get a matching pair so you don't lose your dual channel. Not sure I think a few boards may actually lose dual channel just by running 4 slots. It depends on the board and ram. Research that as well. I don't think you'll have any issues but just double check your motherboard manual.

Back
Top Bottom