Most powerful AGP card EVER

gplpark92

BSOD
What is the Most powerful AGP card ever? NVIDIA or ATi, i dont care, just give me the MOST power available to mankind thru an AGP slot

and this is for gaming, so dont give me any quadro-crap links or anything

this match is head-to-head between the 7950 and the X1950 - its just WHICH variant of WHICH model kills ALL other AGP cards - give me ALL U'VE GOT

i dont care who makes it - although i know its probably gonna be an EVGA or a BFG or an XFX - we'll see
i dont care,just give me THE MOST POWERFUL AGP CARD EVER :cool:

I thnk it would have to be this one. I just can't find any better ones, other than this model:

XFX PVT71AYDF3 GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150223

14-150-223-03.jpg

14-150-223-02.jpg

ClubIT has the exact same one too, but their version is just a little bit higher priced. No rebate, that's why.

It's $215 with rebate on Newegg.

u sure? i think the 7950 is more powerfull
just make sure you got at lest a p4 3ghz before running one of these cards
or you will bneck your self these cards r really ment for a dual core

....probably as far as the nvidia line is concerned, it's the most powerful AGP card. I love the color scheme of XFX video cards. Very unique.

7950GT is more powerful than x1950 because of the pixel pipelines... Even though the 7950 is about 30mhz core slower than x1950, this shouldnt make ANY difference. And plus... the xfx 7950 is an AMAZING agp card. Simply put it is the best..and reply to ISOowner, the XFX color scheme is unique, i love XFX's cards and how they run.

x1950 has 580Mhz core clock
7950GT has 550Mhz core clock

x1950 has got 12 PixelPipelines
7950GT has TWENTY FOUR PixelPipelines

Hope this helps a little bit : D
Those are basically the main differences.
Also, you need a high quality processor... something really good to run the card even though its AGP, or else the card will bNeck very badly.

Well put. I'll give you a rep for that. The X1950XT (16 pipes) have a much higher clocked core, but I feel having wider pipes and adding more RAM can really help the performance of a GPU.

Back
Top Bottom