Storebought Comp Mobo Replacement?

Lord Mythirion

In Runtime
Is it possible to change the mobo on a storebought HP PC? I'm thinking about buying a cheap mobo better than my bro's current one, because we don't have the money to buy or build a whole new comp. My friend is also offering me a free case, so I'm thinking about changing the case as well.

It depends. Sometimes they way the power, reset, and status LEDs connections on the motherboard are proprietary. If they are not, then it's possible.

If you do get a new case (that isn't from like an HP or DELL) then you can change the board no problem.

u can use the cpu/ram video card as long as there all compatible
but i wouldnt recommend the power supply
because usually there mad cheep

I've never had a Compaq/HP machine have a PSU die, and we have had 5. They don't have any type of graphics card hooked up to them though.

ya they wont die becouse there ment just for enough power for that pc
but any time there a little stressed by more components bam they go bad ive had 2 die

Of course. That will happen with any power supply when you try to draw more power than it's rated for. The guys at Compaq/HP probably don't expect too many people putting power-hungry GPU's in their system.

I already replaced his PSU with my old one, and he's got good RAM and such. I also got him a new GPU, so ya, it'll work, right?

Back
Top Bottom