Rep, keep it or toss it?

Thelis

Golden Master
Well, sort of self-explanatory. Should we keep the rep or throw it out? I mean, a lot of people are saying it is worthless.

I chose "Don't really care, either way goes". Seriously it does not matter at all to me. I will be happy anyways.

I knew this was coming. I think most people won't care, but we will see how it will go.

Didn't we have a thread about this a few weeks ago?
I like the rep system somewhat. Except when I get negative rep becase: Is a noob. What type of shit is that?

Well, some members thought there were going to be different results this time around.

I just voted to keep it, albeit it's not used in the same sense like it used to be, but really on this forum whenever someone has a problem and when anyone responds to help the original poster doesn't notice how much green someone has (they will notice if your rep is red though and wouldn't take you seriously I imagine) or how high your post count is, they are just happy someone is taking time to help them. Besides, the regular posting members who help with peoples PC problems already have a idea of what their peers here know so in that sense rep really doesn't matter.

I just voted to keep it because it's kind of cool to have, although if David and the mods thought it to be in the forums best interest to scrap it I wouldn't mine that either.

Personally, I think it's a good idea, but it's being abused. If some members, and you know who you are, would use it properly, it would be great. That means stop giving rep for the "3,000 POSTSST!!11!!!" threads and such. Just give rep when people are helpful.

Rep really shows new members who is the best members on here, for example they wouldnt buy from a red box person

Yeah that's true, but I don't really care about it and therefore end up not using it often.

Back
Top Bottom