Windows xp and multiple computers.

I doubt its a bad disc, as it worked before and has since just been in the case. I doubt it was the cd drive as it also worked when i put the recovery disc for the motherboard. Not sure what else to do here.

Anyone know if windows xp service pack 2 can be installed on multiple computers from a single disc?

Anyone know if windows xp service pack 2 can be installed on multiple computers from a single disc?

Yes you have 2 options. You can download sp2 online and save it to a disc and install it after you install windows. Or use a program like autostreamer to slipstream sp2 into xp on 1 disc then do a clean install with sp2 intergrated into the install. This holds a advantage if your installing XP on a large hard drive and don't want to partition the remaining space.

XP by default only reads 137gbs of data. SP2 adds support for more hd space. If you do a slipstream you can do a clean format for the whole drive.

Ithink i just figured it out. I have the retail version of xp home and it is only an upgrade. You can only use the retail version of xp home to upgrade from 2000 or me. Since i have neither what can i do to install xp. Glad i caught that as i was just about to purchase a new coping as i thought mine had somehow became damaged. Any ideas here. The computer was sold to me with no OS. I have no clue as to how i can do this.

legally the only thing you can do is purchase a copy of windows XP full edition.

but thats just legally there are other ways :p

Am i right in that the only way you can install with the retail version is if you have an older version already installed?

Back
Top Bottom