Car Thread!

The Scion tC has a centrifugal supercharger which is a pretty neat design. I don't know what the Focus will use. Mine was a roots blower which looks big. It does create a lot more heat though, which is why people are inquiring about getting it intercooled somehow. Also, I've known a lot of supercharged people to get methanol injection. Tons of boost there!!! If you go this route, you will probably have the fastest Focus around and beat out all your competition and more.

Ever consider a VGT turbo?

Google it to find out more, they are $$$ but I'd buy one if I still had a car worth putting it into.

The maximum power a Scion tC has seen with the TRD supercharger is 334WHP I think. But thats whith TRD pullies and upping the boost in the Supercharger. You now what car I would love with supercharger
an Acura TL you should have gotten one of those ISO, they sound freaking sick and are fast as hell even with an auto supercharged non Type-S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBNJxiOg2UY

Oh and a friend is building a JDMish 94 Civic coupe he got a B16 swapped removed catalyst and removed axleback, its loud but its not ricey at all believe me, and it screams when the VTEC kicks in I love the sound of VTEC y0.

I haven't really considered the Acuras. But my first choice was the new 07 Infinite G35 or the G37 before I got the new IS. I would've got a great deal too with the Infiniti, but it came down to reputation.

Supercharger is probably the best performance mod you can do to a car. It's simple and hardly has any issues. Anything FI, really. I'm not going to do anything to my car though. I've given up on the exhaust since it makes little differece for such a huge cost. Just going to give a clean look. It accelerates quite nicely and much faster than any car I've owned to date. The V6 helps, which gives it that smoother acceleration. I looked under my hood the other day and I notice a RAM air type deal. There's like a funnel right behind the grill where the air comes in while driving and the air is channeled directly into the filter box. I like that design. It's like forced air but without a compressor doing the work :p. The Lancer Ralliart had that design too because I've seen it on my friend's setup.

So what performance have you done so far?

Just added a High flow filter, Scion designed the OEM intake to reproduce the Aftermarket intake sound whistle. So when I added that K&N filter I noticed the sound more, I thinking of adding an axleback Megan OE-RS, or going with a custom setup. Still thinking...

Why the B16? I've heard that H22's are better motors. Don't quote me on that though.

I still want an SRT-4, or at least the motor swap.

H22s are great but they are so HUGE. If you want a light car go with the 16.

But if you drop a modded H22 into a small car like the Civic it's balls fast, lol.

Just added a High flow filter, Scion designed the OEM intake to reproduce the Aftermarket intake sound whistle. So when I added that K&N filter I noticed the sound more, I thinking of adding an axleback Megan OE-RS, or going with a custom setup. Still thinking...

Megan is very underrated and should be recognized a lot more. Their exhaust sounds really nice too. If you get a dedicated axle-back from Megan, Greddy, HKS, Tanabe, Borla, etc., they're expensive. What I would do is to get their sport muffler (whoever you want to go with), then take it to a custom muffler shop. From there, they can customize your pipes to any bend and size. Make sure everything is welded in place. Tell them to stick a glass pack in there too to replace the stock resonator. It will sound like a beast. Vroooommmm!!!

It's cheaper that way. I had a complete cat-back done on an older car (4cyl- Nissan Altima) for like $225. Complete one piece all the way through. Got rid of the bolt on parts for better quality.

You have got to save up for that supercharger though. The ULTIMATE upgrade. I think it's about 3 grand? Maybe cheaper now. All smog legal. How long do you think you can save to get it? You'll have the fastest tC around. Seriously. Spin those front tires like no tomorrow. I believe TRD makes LSD's for your car too. Probably direct import from TRD Japan :p. The Corolla version cost a lot. Over $600!!!!!

OMG, Bionic Woman is starting right now. So fine...must watch....got boner.

Back
Top Bottom