PM time

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Anyone notice the huge amount of time it takes to send one PM after another? Apparently, you have to wait like 200 seconds or something like that before sending another one. It's a long wait. Wouldn't it be better if PM can be sent instantaneously without waiting? Like sending emails?

I'm not really sure becuase of PM spammer who would send messages to multiple people trying to advertise something which is illegal on these forums.

Indeed, I had 2 legimate private messages Sunday, and I had to wait 5 minutes to send the second as well, which is a bit of a bugger!!

This comes up pretty frequently, it was initially to prevent people spamming the private messages.

The most common response is that if people want to have a conversation privately through pm, then they should use MSN, AIM, etc......I think that the time should actually be reduced because I might want to ask someone something, but not actually have them added onto my instant messenger list.

The trouble is if there was no limit someone could sign up and send out 1000s or pms before being caught

I tried out the VB version and I doubt I have found a feature like this. But, if David wants, he could make Image checks, like when you register at, say Hotmail. It asks for a code, and you enter it. Bots tend to be always wrong.

Back
Top Bottom