Been Thinking Lately.. (Semi-Rant)

Ahyoka

Daemon Poster
Lately i've been thinking about since i'm nearly grown up (turning 18 in 4 months...which is a scary thought haha) but i've been thinking about my future, what i want to do for a living, where i think i might want to live etc...and i've also been thinking about marriage (i don't plan on marrying soon fyi:p) but i've been thinking about women in general and i wonder why does it seem harder and harder to find a "good" girl these days?

i want the kind of girl who isn't caught up in superficial things like what kind of clothes she thinks she needs to fit in, doesn't want gaudy expensive gifts for every major holiday and is just down to earth. the kind of girl who just likes the simpler things in life, handpicked flowers instead of gaudy jewelry (not that jewelry is bad), nice walks through the country instead of eating out every night.

it gets to where i hate turning the tv on because of just what is on tv now, call me old fashioned but some of the things that the mainstream media promotes just don't set right with me. all the songs about drugs and substance abuse, sex and just the whole gangsta/urban lifestyle just don't appeal to me.

and the kind of men that women tend to fall for these days, think about it....a good many go for the guy who is a complete jerk, he's pushy, loud, controlling and just doesn't know how to treat a girl with the respect they deserve and won't get a job, just takes everything and wants to be catered to. hell i will admit, i am not much of a "package", i'm not some ripped stud, i'm not destined to be a rich doctor or a laywer, i'm a poor a** dirt farmer but i work hard and make a honest living and i treat people nicely and go out of my way to help folks.

i like to think the Good Lord has that kind of girl lined up out there for me somewhere but until then i guess i'll keep waiting:p

Well umm IDK what this is but I guess it's good to talk to people you don't even know personally, ya know?

I think that the media has gone od right now. I don't listen to radio or watch TV much either. I just don't feel like it. I listen to music i'm just kinda sad after breaking up with my GF for 10 months and I asked a girl out but figured I didn't really like her so broke up with her. I think you should just chill and take a vacation or something. Like have fun before you turn 18 ya know 'cause you're gona have to get a job and start a family and reproduce to keep the human species alive. So go chill with your friends for a couple days or something and just vent et cetera.

but i've been thinking about women in general and i wonder why does it seem harder and harder to find a "good" girl these days?
Because you need a man :p

i want the kind of girl who isn't caught up in superficial things like what kind of clothes she thinks she needs to fit in, doesn't want gaudy expensive gifts for every major holiday and is just down to earth. the kind of girl who just likes the simpler things in life, handpicked flowers instead of gaudy jewelry (not that jewelry is bad), nice walks through the country instead of eating out every night.

it gets to where i hate turning the tv on because of just what is on tv now, call me old fashioned but some of the things that the mainstream media promotes just don't set right with me. all the songs about drugs and substance abuse, sex and just the whole gangsta/urban lifestyle just don't appeal to me.

and the kind of men that women tend to fall for these days, think about it....a good many go for the guy who is a complete jerk, he's pushy, loud, controlling and just doesn't know how to treat a girl with the respect they deserve and won't get a job, just takes everything and wants to be catered to. hell i will admit, i am not much of a "package", i'm not some ripped stud, i'm not destined to be a rich doctor or a laywer, i'm a poor a** dirt farmer but i work hard and make a honest living and i treat people nicely and go out of my way to help folks.

Their's quite a few girls that are not into the superficial things, however most will worry about pysical appearance, because guys worry about girls pysical appearance so much. Looking good is what really matters to them.

I'm far from old fashioned, however I hate the modern TV (MTV is the worst). I find it extremely racist, sexist and homophobic. I hate all these "gangstas"

And about the girls, the primary thing they go for is an Alpha male. Alot of alpha males are also assholes. These people are dominant, confident, corageous, which are primary things they want. Just think higher of yourself and you'll do alot better. Comeon, arn't you even a firefighter? Your supposed to be the best of the best.

Pysically, girls are not overly picky. However being tall helps, how tall are you? I'd say not being totally ugly and being above 5'10 are the two most important things.

Well umm IDK what this is but I guess it's good to talk to people you don't even know personally, ya know?

I think that the media has gone od right now. I don't listen to radio or watch TV much either. I just don't feel like it. I listen to music i'm just kinda sad after breaking up with my GF for 10 months and I asked a girl out but figured I didn't really like her so broke up with her. I think you should just chill and take a vacation or something. Like have fun before you turn 18 ya know 'cause you're gona have to get a job and start a family and reproduce to keep the human species alive. So go chill with your friends for a couple days or something and just vent et cetera.

sorry about your girl troubles dude, and i was just kinda bored and in a reflective sort of mood so i figured i'd burn up a little more internet bandwidth with my thread:)

And about the girls, the primary thing they go for is an Alpha male. Alot of alpha males are also assholes. These people are dominant, confident, corageous, which are primary things they want. Just think higher of yourself and you'll do alot better. Comeon, arn't you even a firefighter? Your supposed to be the best of the best.

Pysically, girls are not overly picky. However being tall helps, how tall are you? I'd say not being totally ugly and being above 5'10 are the two most important things.

I'm about 5'11-6'. haha but i'm a firefighter at a small, rural fire department..the pickin's for firemen are kinda slim:p but i get where your coming from, thanks Chris!

and @Nate: thanks dude:)

A man gets to have 3 really special girls in his life. Hopefully you marry one of them

If it makes you feel better I have even worse problems. Far worse, as the problem is both myself and them.

Just be confident, act confident. People can see your lack of confidence miles away, and that really really turns girls right off.

5'11 and a decent looking firefighter, should be able to get what you want no problem :)

what you need ahyoka is my girlfriend, but shes taken so hands off! nah really shes great and like you i went through something similar thinking it must be once in a million chance of finding a good girl but they are out there. most girls like what youve described are in a bundance here in the UK all you need to do is go to uni to find them. its weird. seem to have certain mentality that if there looking for further education then they seem to be down to earth more and expect less from you.

Back
Top Bottom