An expensive few days!

Brookfield

Golden Master
First I needed a needed a new spin dryer £140, next a TFT monitor £110, today a new printer £60, I'm wondering what next......oh yes my immersion heater is on the blink!!
dousing.gif

ouch !

what kinda monitor did you get there is a gorgeous 19" from ebuyer that i wanted to get but instead i got my 22" :D

looks liek ebuyer got rid of it now but it was a nice glass fronted 1

ouch !

what kinda monitor did you get there is a gorgeous 19" from ebuyer that i wanted to get but instead i got my 22" :D

looks liek ebuyer got rid of it now but it was a nice glass fronted 1
A TFT 17" Hanns G /HC174D, German, very high res, glass front, it's great, I could have got a wide screen, for about the same price, but I don't like 'em, or wide screen TV's, the printer is an Epson Stylus D78, ink jet, four colour cartridge, I like Epsons, this is my third.

Well, next week, it's going to hurt the wallet as well. I'll have to go to registration next week and that will grab away $230, and I need a laptop...here goes around...a good 250 off my pay check. It's for school, so I'm alright.

First I needed a needed a new spin dryer £140, next a TFT monitor £110, today a new printer £60, I'm wondering what next......oh yes my immersion heater is on the blink!!
dousing.gif

Well they say things happen in threes you've just backed that quote up, an expensive way to prove it though :)
I had a similar experience a few years ago, washing machine packed up, new one cost£450 then wife burnt the cable of the toaster so that ditched me another £20 this was all in the month of December, then bugger me turned the telly on boxing day and the screen blew., £300 for a new telly :( all that after Id spent loads on Christmas. I was really :mad: that year lol.

Well they say things happen in threes you've just backed that quote up, an expensive way to prove it though :)
I had a similar experience a few years ago, washing machine packed up, new one cost£450 then wife burnt the cable of the toaster so that ditched me another £20 this was all in the month of December, then bugger me turned the telly on boxing day and the screen blew., £300 for a new telly :( all that after Id spent loads on Christmas. I was really :mad: that year lol.
Woweee:eek:, by the way, how old are your kids now?
It was quite spectacular when the spin dryer popped its clogs, it stopped spinning, & black choking fumes quickly filled the kitchen, so, coughing & spluttering I carried it through into the hall, before I could get it out the front door, it was on fire, flames and all, immediately I was outside it was dripping hot molten black plastic onto the concrete drive which set hard like black dogs poo. it took ages to get it off with a garden spade, there are still traces there, what a day!!!

the other day i backed into this womans car and dented the rear panel of her 3 door micra. it cost me £516.95 to fix it. luckily the bloke could fix it as it would of cost me about £800 for a new panel. ive only been driving for a month, most costly mistake ive made to date in my life

the other day i backed into this womans car and dented the rear panel of her 3 door micra. it cost me £516.95 to fix it. luckily the bloke could fix it as it would of cost me about £800 for a new panel. ive only been driving for a month, most costly mistake ive made to date in my life
At 23, you were driving for four years before I started, although I had motor bikes when I was 24, the most expensive repair to a car I had to pay was to my own, a Audi A4, which cost me over £1300, the clutch burnt out spectaculary, clouds of black smoke, [yep, like the spin-dryer] parts alone £900 I think, & although the warranty had a year to run, it didn't cover the things like the clutch & the brakes, this is normal practice, in case you didn't know, as a new driver, it was two years old when I bought it, the only other owner was a woman who must have ridden the clutch constantly to cause that much damage in two years, the flywheel was literally destroyed & had to be replaced at a cost of around £460, triple ouch!

Back
Top Bottom