What OS do you use currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the project of booting with drawers.
11E1PEC289L._AA160_.jpg

If I need to boot Windows, I turn on the key for it. When I want Linux, I restart, turn off the Windows drive and turn on the Linux drive.

Another project is to try Gentoo.

That sounds awesome! What interface are they and where do you get them from?

Local shops usually have them is you order them. I already have a WD drawer, but the thing can't get mounted due to the screws. They don't fit at all, even CD types screws.

Still goin' strong on Ubuntu. Best OS IMO. Gots windoze for games tho. Vlite with nothing installed but what I need for gaming, and I have a lot of linux games to get further away.

i didnt realise so many people used linux.
ubuntu is good, but if i were to ever go back to it, then it would only be to use aircrack

Ubuntu 7.10, upgraded just prior to the release(About a week and a half I was using the beta, release candidate, version). Seems stable so far, haven't had Windows on my computer or laptop for at least 4 years now... Long time, now that I think about it. lol

I would use Windows, for games and such, but Ubuntu, and Linux in general, is fine for me. Plus I can't afford to buy Windows atm. :cool:

As a side note... Been a while since I've been here. Thought I'd say hello to everyone and wish CF a happy 5th birth day. ;)

I use Gentoo on my main PC. Nothing beats a custom system with a stripped out kernel for speed and smooth operations. Linux has much better memory allocation and no need to defrag... ever. It's my personal choice. I've not used MS for over 5 years now and I've not regretted it. Due to the knowledge I've gained using my OS, I can run anything you give me. Any game I've wanted I could make run on linux just fine.
My laptop runs LinuxMint because there was no perk for using a custom OS for what I was doing with it.
(btw, for those that mentioned using memory... I have firefox, WoW, gaim, 2 terminals and a file browser open and I'm using 500 MB og RAM... beat that)

Another Gentoo user here. Been using it for the past 4 years, Used Mandriva before that. Before that I used XP Pro VLK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom