About the Quad Core's...

BrynF_UK

Fully Optimized
If I was (supposedly) using a Quad core CPU, and running a demanding program (in this case CAD software) on its own, along with the usual background processes, would all 4 cores be used together to run it - or would one core be used for the background processes?

Thanks

It'd try to split the load between all 4 as best as it could, if the CPU isn't told how to do it (not many programs are multi-CPU utilised yet)

So even if the program wasn't utilized to run on a multi-core the cpu would try and figure it out itself?

intels new quad cores coming out can also determine if cutting the power 1 2 or even 3 cores will affect performances and if it dosnt it shuts them down to save power like lets say you have aim and web and limewire up, it will shut down the 2 u needed cores, but lets say you jump into a highend game or start doing somthing that demands cpu power
is kicks the other cores right back it

ya multicore is becoming crazy
plus all this tec allows cpu's to save every single last drop of power with out performance issues

Can you please retype your last sentence? lol

I didn't get that, unless I'm retarded.

If I was (supposedly) using a Quad core CPU, and running a demanding program (in this case CAD software) on its own, along with the usual background processes, would all 4 cores be used together to run it - or would one core be used for the background processes?

Thanks

if a program is not multi threaded, it CANT run on 2 cores, the cpu doesnt "think" how it can split it up, thats what windows is for, and windows doesnt know split the load, only the programmers of the program can allow for it.

Back
Top Bottom